Just a lil help for a newbie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yea and I understand that ….. eventually that’s the route I’m going once I get my ow and do bout 10 to 15 dives on the regulator but at this point I’m just wanting to be about to take a regulator

Yea and I understand that ….. eventually that’s the route I’m going once I get my ow and do bout 10 to 15 dives on the regulator but at this point I’m just wanting to be about to take a regulator

10 to 15 dives still has you at the "inexperienced" level. I wouldn't consider anyone as "experienced" with less than 100 dives unless they are diving multiple times a week, every week and then I still wouldn't consider them experienced before hiting the 50 to 60 dive benchmark.

You are making decisions about incorporating some pretty specialized equipment into your diving and yet you are basically at ground zero with nearly no experience and are having issues beyond the basics...you can't yet breathe comfortably on a 2nd stage. That tells me that you are not comfortable on SCUBA, it also tells me you are not comfortable in the water.

If you are not rock solid comfortable with basic equipment, and you are not otherwise disabled where you need to significantly modify your setup with a full facemask (you mentioned you have a "slight" overbite)....you should be working on fundamentals such as acclimatizing to being in the water instead of dumping loads of cash on equipment you don't really need.

Your current level is such that you really do not yet have the capacity to make gear decisions like the use of a FFM, and if you were to show up with one, some of us would probalby avoid splashing with you because of what that type of mask indicates about a new diver.

Save your money and your time...do things that will lead to your overall comfort and ability in the water instead of looking for a gimmick/crutch by way of unnecessary equipment.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom