Jupiter water temps over Memorial Day weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jameseg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Posting this for anyone that may be diving in Jupiter over the next week or two.

My wife and I, and two friends, flew down for the long weekend and dove Friday through Sunday with Jupiter Dive Center. We had our usual excellent experience with JDC, as well as good to excellent viz and some nice turtle, goliath and shark sightings. Worth noting is that while temps were in the 79 to 81 degree range on most dives, I was reading 73 degrees at the bottom on the first dive Sunday and 75 degrees on the second. Most on our boat were chilled, so if you're heading out in the next week or so, consider bringing an extra layer.

James

I was out Monday and based on Saturday's reports was expecting it to be warm, so I just went in with a well-worn 4:3 and a 3-mil hood. Bottom temp turned out to be 76 on the first dive, which was a little colder than expected but manageable for an hour. Second dive we hit 74. Third dive things were a lot murkier and as we finished up a blast of cold water moved in from the east; it's entirely possible it dropped down into the high 60s.

water temps ranged from 81 down to 75 (72 in one spot). This is the time of year that we get the wackiest thermal currents.
I wear a lavacore hooded vest under my 3mm this time of year. but water temps will be creeping more solidly into the 80's

I did 3 dives in Jupiter on Friday the 19th, including one to just over a hundred feet on Deep Ledge. Water temps were 79-80 degrees. Water temps cooled a bit in Boynton Beach Saturday-Monday with lows of 75-76. I wore my full 5 mm for my entire 10 day stay, often with my 5/3 hooded vest.

Saw 75 Saturday both tanks out of WPB on the SeaScout. Wore a 5mm since you never know when that upwelling is going to roll in

Yeah, my wife and I dove Jupiter in August. We just assumed a temp of about 80 degrees. There was an upwelling and the temp was 72 degrees. And I was diving a skin. On Jupiter, it makes sense to always check the temp and even if you check bring some gear for unexpected low temps.

Yeah, my wife and I dove Jupiter in August. We just assumed a temp of about 80 degrees. There was an upwelling and the temp was 72 degrees. And I was diving a skin. On Jupiter, it makes sense to always check the temp and even if you check bring some gear for unexpected low temps.
I always have my hooded vest with me, regardless of what full suit I've chosen to take, helps a lot

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom