Jupiter on President's Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Damn, Im late to the prom on this one. I will be there that week but was hoping to do something more in the middle of the week like 16-18th?

Damn, Im late to the prom on this one. I will be there that week but was hoping to do something more in the middle of the week like 16-18th?

Not outside the realm of possibilities. Where will you be staying? Maybe we could put a trip together. Lewis will also be in town during that week.

I might be able to do something Monday or Tuesday.

Not outside the realm of possibilities. Where will you be staying? Maybe we could put a trip together. Lewis will also be in town during that week.

I am staying Haines City but was planning to drive down to Boynton Beach area to dive. I was thining about planning somethign with Underwater Explorers mainly due to the reccomendations here. Was thinking late morning or leaving out on their 1pm boat. but i am open to other suggestions as I am a loner with no dive buddy

Alrighty Goons, this time tomorrow, I will be in sunny FL. See you all on Sunday. Let's pray for good weather and lots of friendly sharks. My original buddy backed out (apparently it's too cold to dive in Fl this time of year?) so if anyone needs a buddy or wants a third wheel, I'm your man.

Saturday
Northwest winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas 4 to 6 feet. Choppy on the intracoastal waters.
Saturday Night
Northwest winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 4 to 6 feet.
Sunday
Northwest winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet.
Sunday Night
Northwest winds 5 knots. Seas 3 to 4 feet.

Sunday looks pretty good. :cool2:

Saturday
Northwest winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas 4 to 6 feet. Choppy on the intracoastal waters.
Saturday Night
Northwest winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 4 to 6 feet.
Sunday
Northwest winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet.
Sunday Night
Northwest winds 5 knots. Seas 3 to 4 feet.

Sunday looks pretty good. :cool2:

Woo Hooo!!!!

This was taken from the NOAA site:Coastal Waters Forecast for Coastal waters from Jupiter Inlet to Deerfield Beach FL out 20 NM (AMZ650)

NWS Miami - South Florida
Zone Forecast: Coastal waters from Jupiter Inlet to Deerfield Beach FL out 20 NM (AMZ650) Mobile Weather Information

Last Update: 240 PM EST THU FEB 11 2010

Hazardous marine condition(s):

Gale Watch

Synopsis...LOW PRESSURE IN THE CENTRAL GULF OF MEXICO WILL MOVE EAST AND ONTO THE FLORIDA PENINSULA FRIDAY NIGHT WITH THE TRAILING COLD FRONT MOVING THROUGH SOUTH FLORIDA FRIDAY EVENING. STRONG GUSTY WINDS...POSSIBLY TO GALE FORCE...MAY ACCOMPANY THIS LOW AND FRONT FRIDAY EVENING. MARINERS SHOULD STAY ABREAST OF THE LATEST INFORMATION CONCERNING THIS WEATHER SITUATION.

$$ .GULF STREAM HAZARDS...SEAS AROUND 6 FEET TONIGHT BUILDING TO 10 FEET THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT. GALE FORCE WINDS POSSIBLE FRIDAY AND FRIDAY NIGHT.

THE APPROXIMATE LOCATION OF THE WEST WALL OF THE GULF STREAM AS OF FEB 10, 2010 AT 1200 UTC...

10 NAUTICAL MILES SOUTHEAST OF FOWEY ROCKS. 13 NAUTICAL MILES EAST NORTHEAST OF PORT EVERGLADES. 11 NAUTICAL MILES NORTHEAST OF LAKE WORTH. 8 NAUTICAL MILES EAST OF JUPITER INLET.

THIS DATA COURTESY OF THE NAVAL OCEANOGRAPHIC OFFICE.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tonight...Northeast winds 5 to 10 knots. Near shore...seas 4 to 6 feet subsiding to 2 to 4 feet. In the gulf stream...seas 4 to 6 feet. Intracoastal waters a light chop.

Friday...Southeast winds 10 to 15 knots all waters increasing to 20 to 25 knots near shore to south 26 to 31 knots well offshore. Frequent gusts to gale force possible all waters. Seas 4 to 6 feet. Intracoastal waters rough. Showers and slight chance of thunderstorms.

Friday Night...West winds 21 to 26 knots near shore to west 30 to 35 knots well offshore. Frequent gusts to gale force possible all waters. Seas 4 to 6 feet near shore and up to 8 to 10 feet well offshore. Intracoastal waters rough in exposed areas. Showers likely and slight chance of thunderstorms.

Saturday...Northwest winds 15 to 20 knots near shore to northwest 20 to 25 knots in the gulf stream. Seas 5 to 7 feet near shore and up to 7 to 9 feet in the gulf stream. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop.

Saturday Night...Northwest winds 10 to 15 knots near shore to northwest 15 to 20 knots in the gulf stream. Seas 7 to 9 feet. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop.

Sunday...North winds 9 to 14 knots. Seas 6 to 8 feet. Intracoastal waters a light chop. Slight chance of showers.

Sunday Night...North winds 5 to 9 knots. Seas 4 to 6 feet. Intracoastal waters a light chop. Slight chance of showers.

Monday...Northwest winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet. Intracoastal waters a light chop. Slight chance of showers.

Monday Night...Northwest winds 12 to 17 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet. Intracoastal waters a light chop. Slight chance of showers.

Tuesday...North winds 14 to 19 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet near shore and up to 4 to 6 feet in the gulf stream. Intracoastal waters a light chop. Slight chance of showers.

I am staying Haines City but was planning to drive down to Boynton Beach area to dive. I was thining about planning somethign with Underwater Explorers mainly due to the reccomendations here. Was thinking late morning or leaving out on their 1pm boat. but i am open to other suggestions as I am a loner with no dive buddy

What day were to thinking?

I'm on the JDC's two tanker on the 15th with my son. The boat looks pretty empty right now...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom