Jupiter Diving in 2009 - Ongoing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whats up my friend

Hey i am thinking about diving Jupiter Thursday July 9th with our friend :wink: what do you think

Great avatar, Sandy!! :rofl3:

Are you up for diving JDC Sat or is your friend still in town? :popcorn:

Friends left Sunday afternoon, and they had a blast. Regis comes down whenever he can, now Tammy is a convert and wants to return. :D

And now for the rest of the story Saturday......................

Sandy's on the R7 and I'm on the R4. Capt. Mike starts calling the R4 manifest. Divers walking off the boat in the middle of roll call, missing their name called, running back to get forgotten items. Bernie, who's on the R7 hears his name called on the R4 and answer's "Over Here" ???!!!! Capt's running through the list again 3rd time and crew listed is switched. Bernie's trying to pull gear from R7 to R4 and we are cruelly teasing him, cause he got on the wrong boat. Finally on the 4th roll, Capt gets to look into each person's eyes and they yell "Here!" and we get the manifest right. Now that's a responsible, by the book Capt and done right.

We are just about under the bridge and Bernie says he left his wetsuit and booties back on the R7, more cruel teasing and jokes are hurled. Bernie has a couple of hundred dives so these are justifiably deserved to be thrown at him. And he's a spearo, so it's double heckling day for him. Under the bridge we are throwing wetsuits between boats. I look over at SnoKat and ask him if he's superstitious, cause this day is not starting out too good.

Turned out to be a fantastic day including seeing a 6 foot wide spotted eagle ray, and of course we filled up the cooler with dinner entree's. Great to see you again Sandy!!!!

Now THAT was funny!!! I can picture Capt. Mike standing like a sargeant with everyone lined up saying, "Sir, Here Sir!" as he screams their name in their face....:rofl3: It's good Bernie didn't leave his spear on the 7; that would have been something to watch the crew throw that over to 4!

Nice catches! You always seem to bring home dinner when I see you. It was great seeing you again, too. Now we just need to get on the same boat again sometime! :D

Hey, its a cool shirt - only real men wear pink:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

No, going to dive Sat - also diving Wed night in Miami on RJ's boat - its like $50 - space available and you are more than welcome; I think Briam PM'd you - if not I'll see you Sat - I'm on 7:D

Cannot do tonight. Have things going on at the homefront, but will see you Sat.

whats up my friend

Hey i am thinking about diving Jupiter Thursday July 9th with our friend :wink: what do you think

Hmmmmmm, gonna keep my mouth shut on this one.......:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

PS Sandy, you are more than welcome to join us!

Thanks, but no thanks. I'll pass on this one!

Last edited:
The conditions have been fantastic, here's a couple of pictures from the Republic 4 last week...

IMG0858_edt.jpg

IMG0842_edt.jpg

IMG0322_edt.jpg

IMG0864_edt.jpg

IMG0817_edt.jpg

IMG0695_edt.jpg

IMG0865_edt.jpg

IMG0837_1_1.jpg

And one for the hunters...

cobia090614_email.jpg

Regards,
Chris

Last edited:
Chris
Those are great shots thanks for posting them looks like you dove tunnels :D

The conditions have been fantastic, here's a couple of pictures diving on the Republic 4 last week...

IMG0858_edt.jpg

IMG0842_edt.jpg

IMG0322_edt.jpg

IMG0864_edt.jpg

IMG0817_edt.jpg

IMG0695_edt.jpg

IMG0865_edt.jpg

IMG0837_1_1.jpg

And one for the hunters...

cobia090614_email.jpg

Regards,
Chris