Jupiter Dive Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very cool, thanks for sharing. I'm going out this Saturday with PV to see the GGs.

Who are you going out with?
I went out with JDC. Didn’t hit the wrecks for Goliath because we heard viz was less than 10 feet. Tried to find better water south to no avail. Green water all along the reef. No blue water to be found. We dove Captain Mike’s and Area 51. 10-20 of viz. South/southwest current. 81 degrees. Saw one Goliath on Area 51. Capt. Ryan did his best to find us good water but it just wasn’t out there.

I went out with JDC. Didn’t hit the wrecks for Goliath because we heard viz was less than 10 feet. Tried to find better water south to no avail. Green water all along the reef. No blue water to be found. We dove Captain Mike’s and Area 51. 10-20 of viz. South/southwest current. 81 degrees. Saw one Goliath on Area 51. Capt. Ryan did his best to find us good water but it just wasn’t out there.
I was to go out on Friday afternoon with JDC to do Deep Ledge. I did not make in down on Thursday from Philadelphia as my plane was ultimately cancelled due to severe thunderstorms to the south. Sounds like the conditions are not great, I feel less bad for missing the day now.

I dived with Starfish out of Boynton yesterday. Mild south current, 81-82 degrees, about 30 feet visibility.

I was to go out on Friday afternoon with JDC to do Deep Ledge. I did not make in down on Thursday from Philadelphia as my plane was ultimately cancelled due to severe thunderstorms to the south. Sounds like the conditions are not great, I feel less bad for missing the day now.

I dived with Starfish out of Boynton yesterday. Mild south current, 81-82 degrees, about 30 feet visibility.
I was going to do the deep ledge boat with JDC on Friday as well. They cancelled the trip due to poor viz in the morning. You didn’t miss anything :cool:

Here are a few more clips from 8/17-18 that I finally downloaded over the weekend:

I've seen yellow jacks shadow hunting with various other species, but a soapfish is a new one.

A couple of lone Goliath Grouper on Loggerhead reef:

Angelfish on Scarface:

Foureye Butterflyfish on Scarface:

While on the surface waiting to be picked up on 8/17, I had a number of small visitors circling me. One looks like a juvenile amberjack maybe, not sure what the other two little guys are. Apologies for the bouncy video but I was bobbing on the surface and my GoPro was clipped off to my shoulder d-ring.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom