Jupiter Dive Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VERY!!!

We are in that season when we get a cold front every 6-8 days, but when it sets up that it hits EVERY WEEKEND for what feels like a month or more, it's enough to drive a local diver nuts!!
I think I'm realizing a pattern, when you come to town, we get big swells :)

, it's enough to drive a local diver nuts!!
Saturday Wave models are updating in your favor.
If you can find an 8am departure and be headed back to the dock by noon when the front pushes thru.
You could still make the 2nd high tide time also.

Fcst18Feb2023.jpg

I got out today with Jupiter Dive Center. Surface conditions were a rolling 3-4 that calmed through the day. Very manageable. It was sunny, calm and low 80s which was great since the water was COLD!!

It was a 3 tank charter and we did Lemon Drop, Capt Mike's and Spadefish Point ... all in reverse as the current was running a mild south. Temps were 71 F with no noticeable thermocline. I was very thankful for my 7mm!! Viz was a disappointing 10-25' max, a few spots were 5' at best. Lemon Drop was more like Bull Boulevard. We saw a couple of Lemons but at least 5 bulls, possibly more, that kept approaching near the end of our dive and on ascent. There really isn't anything like 3 bulls ascending out of the murky viz and approaching you as you ascend. Gulp!

We had a hawksbill, goliath, and a few reef and nurse sharks on Capt. Mike's. On Spadefish Point we saw a large loggerhead, a large Lemon, and a few reef sharks.

Tomorrow @MrChen and I are diving with Kyalami. Conditions topside are looking to be great. Will the conditions underwater have improved??

I snuck out this afternoon as well with PVD. I was actually planning to jump on the 3-tank with JDC but they filled the boat before I could grab a spot. Both topside and underwater conditions were as @Divin'Papaw described. We did Governors and the Corridor. Very manageable topside after a real nasty NE wind yesterday. Conditions under water were not so great. 15 feet of viz, a cold 71 degrees, and a south current. I considered thumbing the dive both dives because I was freezing my baguettes off but I stuck it out. Saw two bulls on governors and a Goliath. A few Goliath on the corridor as well. Glad I got out but def not the best day of diving in Palm Beach County.

....but at least 5 bulls, possibly more, that kept approaching near the end of our dive and on ascent.
Don't know if it's the shark whistle or the dinner bell,,,but welcome to my dive world where the tax man won't take no for an answer. Glad you were able to make the trip over.

.. Conditions under water were not so great. 15 feet of viz, a cold 71 degrees, and a south current.
The WPB inlet cam looked really good today and the beaches were crowded. Nice that you got out on the water!

at least 5 bulls, possibly more, that kept approaching near the end of our dive and on ascent. There really isn't anything like 3 bulls ascending out of the murky viz and approaching you as you ascend. Gulp!
That would freak me out a bit. What is the best way to deal with that -- head on a swivel trying to look all of them in the eyes? Do you swipe them away if they get too close?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom