Jupiter Dive Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That’s rough. Sorry conditions didn’t work out for you. Strange how it was good in Boynton but not B&T. B&T is pretty far south of the inlet. What was the current doing? Maybe it ran south at some point overnight?

Trickle south on all three sites

Hi everyone! I am happy to be making my first post to the forum after lurking around for the last few years and learning through the community.

My wife and I will be in Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area for a weekend mid December before heading onto a cruise ship and diving in the Bahamas. We would really like to see some sharks while we are out there. Can anyone recommend a dive boat that goes out for sharks? I reached out to Emerald Charters, it looks like they are active but they never reached back out to me.

I reached out to Emerald Charters,
Since you mentioned Emerald, I'm assuming you want a baited dive. 2 similar others are Salty Divers and Calypso Charters. We've worn out the baited topic so badly here it's like a hole in your underwear, so you can use the search button to read about it.

Since you mentioned Emerald, I'm assuming you want a baited dive. 2 similar others are Salty Divers and Calypso Charters. We've worn out the baited topic so badly here it's like a hole in your underwear, so you can use the search button to read about it.
Thank you! Yes, we are looking for baited.

I have read about the pros and cons of baiting. I can understand the argument against it, but the boats head out regardless.

Emerald, Salty Divers, and Calypso are the baited scuba sharks operators. All three are in Jupiter/West Palm Beach area. There are also a few snorkel shark boats but I’m assuming you’re looking for scuba.

Thanks again. I reached out to Salty Divers and should be booking with them in the next few days.

Have you guys recovered from this years hurricanes yet?

The bottom is still covered with varying amounts of fine white silt that seems to get resuspended anytime the swells and the current pick up. No damage to infrastructure at all in Palm Beach County, other than maybe some beach access issues I think. Seen 80 ft vis on top and then 25 feet near bottom with current lately.

Made it out today with Narcosis out of WPB. Breakers backside and patches. 40 feet of viz. A little bit of green water on top but it opened up underneath it. 79 degrees. Light north current.

Reposting this as my posting from last night was lost due to the DB restore following the failed upgrade.

Went diving yesterday (12/28/22) with Kyalami (Jupiter Scuba Diving). The boat was packed. Air temps were in the low 70s, 5-10 mph NNE winds, partly cloudy with scattered showers. Sea conditions were a jumbled mess of 3-5 footers. Underwater conditions were beautiful for the most part. We did Monkey's Ledge and Scarface. For the entire first dive and 1/2 of the second we had 70'+ of blue water. Halfway through Scarface we lost the blue water and it was replaced with 30' of hazy viz. Still acceptable but the change in viz was stark and lasted the rest of the dive. Water temps were a consistent 77 F (low reading was 76 but wasn't for long) with a small trickle of a north current. Lots of reef and nurse sharks, schools of spadefish and snapper, all the usual tropicals, a sleeping loggerhead and a couple of goliaths.

All in all a good day, except for the fact that I left my reg bag behind! o_O Didn't notice until I got home which is 3 hrs away. Thankfully they have confirmed they have my regs and are going to rinse them and keep them for me. My next trip out with them is in a couple of weeks. Great folks going above and beyond for me!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom