July Dine -N- Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great Mike,
I'm going to bring my very small camping grill (if it still works); however, it runs off of small propane bottles. I can only cook about 3 hamburgers at a time on it.

I can bring some charcoal. Since I don't grill with charcoal, what kind/type should I bring out?

My wife Becky should be comming out that weekend too if she doesn't have to work. She was last seen out with me at the New Year's Day dive.

Jeremy

I personally hold that hardwood charcoal is the best type, but I'm a stickler of a cook.

I'll try to make it out that weekend. I'll think of some dish to share in the mean time.

JKSteger:
I know your profile said you have driven to every state but Hawaii. You planning on driving up from Baton Rouge for a dive at the quarry or at Lake Lanier???
I'm definitely looking forward to driving over to get some bottom time at Lanier and the quarry as soon as the opportunity presents itself, which for me is as soon as I can stalk the opportunity down and ambush it. I just dove my advanced checkout out of Panama City Beach this past weekend, plus another handful of fun* dives, and I'm not planning on letting my gear dry rot. :)

I tend to make it to the Atlanta area (defined as anything north of Macon and west of South Carolina) rather often (geocaching cleanup events, visiting the aquarium, hiking Blood Mountain, etc), so a trip over to do some diving would be a perfectly normal weekend for me. As long as I won't cause any grief by diving AL80 singles in a non-integrated jacket-style BC, I'd enjoy meeting some "local" divers. (Dry wit and the occasional [*cough*] pun aren't a contraindication to diving, are they?)

*: Okay, the channel side of the St. Andrews jetties was perhaps somewhere closer to "interesting" than "fun", but we knew the vis was going to be poor and the current would be respectable, and we followed the plan.

ClayJar,

We don't care what you dive as long as it, and you, are safe!

Come dive with us . . . .

the K

The Kraken:
We don't care what you dive as long as it, and you, are safe!

Come dive with us . . . .
Hehe, I was just practicing in case I end up reading the DIR forums... and certainly, I am looking forward to getting over there.

Last time I paddled Lake Lanier, from the surface the water looked almost an emerald or peridot color. Does it always look like that? (Around here, we have several shades of water: light brown, dark brown, and brown-black.)

80' is a night dive but with only 2' vis at times.

the K

Make sure that you guys get out there early, I was at WBP this weekend finishing up my AOW, and on sunday at about 2:00 their was no parking left. It actually started getting crowded around 11:00. So keep that in mind with that weekend being the weekend of the 4th. Lots of people are going to get a 4 day weekend due to the 4th falling on a tuesday. You guys have fun, and I will let you know how the salt tasted.

Kyle

Hey guys, i'm new here... I haven't been diving in a little over 3 years and I'm looking to get back into it. I'd like to start out with something to get my feet wet again. You think I'd do OK with you guys? (would you mind me tagging along) Also, i've never dived a quarry, how's the water? wetsuit dive?

Dawg,

The quarry is definitely a wetsuit dive !!! Especially if you drop below 20'.

Come on out and meet us.

We'll be at Dive Haven. It's up I-75 northeast of Cartersville. Take I-75 north to Hwy. 411. Turn right onto Hwy 411 north and go about 2.8 miles to Rocky St. Turn left onto Rocky St. Go to the stop sign and turn right onto Old Tennesse Hwy. You'll see the quarry about 3/4 mile up the road on your left.

We have enough instructors and divemasters in the group to insure that you can get a good refresher while you're with us.

Keep an eye out for a very, very ugly diver . . . that will be JKSteger, he's one of the original Looney Birds!

Looking forward to meeting you.

the K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom