July 4th weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

subzero:
I'll be there around 8:30 - 9am. Where do you guys normally meet? No camping for me.. BBQ or whatever? How 'bout some burgers or hotdogs?

That'll work! I'll bring some burgers 'n dogs and some buns...perhaps some others can bring chips, salsa, drinks...uh birthday cake for me? :wink: This is kind of a birthday deal for me... :bday:

Firefyter? Is Peyton coming out?

Axewizard:
Firefyter? Is Peyton coming out?

Unfortunately, no. She's on call Saturday, so it's just gonna be me this time around..........

Is looking like Monday the 4th. for me....I have a Scuba Review class to lead on Sunday,,,,,and Sat. I work the shop.

Ok, planning for about a dozen of us, I'll bring some charcoal, chips, fruit and stuff.
Also, Smonster has said that she will be making her annual appearance at CSSP, but she's not diving and is driving her own car out............. "It's HOT!" :wink:

Anyway, whoever gets there first try to snag a covered picnic table so later we can lay out the feast. Preferably one near one of the grills. Just in case we can't get a picnic table, if anyone has a folding table they could bring, it might prove quite helpful.

Hmmmm, what else?

subzero:
Axewizard, TruckDiver, mle_osu,
I'll be in CSSP on the 2nd and looking for a buddy or group to dive with. What time? I'll be in the park at around 8am :)

Hey Subzero!
I'll be at CSSP on the 2nd and 3rd. Should be arriving sometime between 7 and 8am. We have an open water class of 3 students. Not sure where we'll be yet, but hope to be over on the south side near the metal stairs. Most likely be in a navy ford excursion since my little cavalier doesn't like carrying a bunch of tanks and dive gear, but never know so look for the excursion or my tan cavalier with the Tx dive sticker in the rear window.

July 4th is a pretty slow weekend out there so there should be plenty of room. Troy and I have done classes on Memorial Day, July 4th and Labor Day and it is always slow.

Debraw:
July 4th is a pretty slow weekend out there so there should be plenty of room. Troy and I have done classes on Memorial Day, July 4th and Labor Day and it is always slow.

that seems odd, i would think it would be really busy... but i guess people are doing other things like cookouts and parties and fireworks

Yeah it's a good day for recreational diving but CSSP is also primarily a training facility for the shops and they take up a good portion of the space on most weekends. I would say most shops skip the holiday weekends for training. Troy and I have been doing holiday classes for a while and they are always full. That came from the fact that when we were recreational divers we never could find a shop that was open or even did training on the weekends that we had the most time. We figure there are a few people out there in the same boat. It should be a nice weekend.... bring the refreshments!!! It's going to be a scorcher!!!

TruckDiver:
Ok, planning for about a dozen of us, I'll bring some charcoal, chips, fruit and stuff.
Also, Smonster has said that she will be making her annual appearance at CSSP, but she's not diving and is driving her own car out............. "It's HOT!" :wink:

Anyway, whoever gets there first try to snag a covered picnic table so later we can lay out the feast. Preferably one near one of the grills. Just in case we can't get a picnic table, if anyone has a folding table they could bring, it might prove quite helpful.

Hmmmm, what else?

Sounds like a plan. I'll be there probably between 8:30-9ish...I'll snag our usual pavillion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom