July 4th weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TruckDiver:
Me gots it! 20# of Kingsford and 1/2 gallon of lighter fluid be enough?

Whoosh!! Now that's a fire!!

Now that's what I call "Git 'r done!"......yeehaw!!!!

Dee:
Hey...did anyone ever copy the Beast Bench and make you guys more than one?

There is no way to copy a piece of fine art.........It would never be the same!!!!! :07:

LOL....I'll tell Beast what you said, he'll be pleased.

Sooooo.... did the divers get rained out? Hopefully not. It has stormed here on and off all day, lightning storms included. Give a report, please!
Foo

I was there wiith a class... a little rain but nothing to run from... saw the guys and stopped by to say "hey" but duty called with tanks and students for tomorrow...

What a great day! Mrs. Axe is all fixed after her mishap last time....the diving was good, and I'm all relaxed now!

Foo:
Give a report, please!Foo
Ok, I'll try................
I got out to the lake about 1030, it was cloudy with a misty light rain, but there were dives to be done. And besides, we were gonna be wet anyway. Found Texass, FireFyter and Axewizard and clan at our usual spot at one of the covered picnic table. Introductions were made and the normal "whats up" banter commenced as we all got our gear together.
Dive 1. FF, Texass, Axewizard and I went north along the west shore up past the plane and back. 38 ft. max for 51 minutes, water temp was 72 below the thermo.
Soon after we returned from the dive Smonster (my wife) arrived bringing various delectable food dishes. She wasn't here to dive, she just came out to see everyone and enjoy the cookout. So, as Smonster started preparing the grill and Texass packed up to leave, FF, Mrs. Axe and I went on dive 2.
We went across to the wall on the surface, then submerged and went north. We did our normal "loop" traveling along the shore at 20-30 feet all the way around until we arrived back at the entry dock. 30 ft. max for 63 minutes.
After we got our gear off the feast began, BBQ brats and cheddarwust with spicy mustard and chips, followed by a bowl of Smonster's Banananana pudding and some fresh fruit. It was a rather satisfying meal. :eyebrow:
After helping Smonster pack stuff up and giving our food a minimum time to settle, FF, Mr. Axe and I went for Dive 3. We dropped in, dropped down and swam across to the wall and turned right (south) and proceeded along the wall all the way to the south end of the lake. After messing around at Sisco we turned back north and retraced our route back to the dock. 30 ft. max for 64 minutes.
After that everyone packed up and headed home. Thanks again to FF for helping me jump start my truck. Lesson learned, do not leave your dome light on all day if you want to have your truck start when you decide to go home. I'll have to remember that.............
It was a good day at the lake, not too hot and the broken clouds kept anyone from getting burnt, good friends, good food and good diving.
Ya should of been there..................................

Sounds like a fantastic time, I was there in spirit, trust me! Thanks for the report, TD. I look forward to diving with you sometime soon!

Foo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom