July 20 Lake Travis Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great pics NadMat, iIt sounds like you guys had a great time. I was out at Athens this weekend where the vis was about 5 ft. I am looking to go out to on LTS next month sometime, just not sure of a date yet. I will post to see if anyone will be able to join in.

Definitly do let us know, ideally I want two trips a month on the boat but one might be all I am able to budget.

Great pics NadMat, iIt sounds like you guys had a great time. I was out at Athens this weekend where the vis was about 5 ft. I am looking to go out to on LTS next month sometime, just not sure of a date yet. I will post to see if anyone will be able to join in.

I am saving up for my next boat trip, so post up when you decide on date. In the meantime, I will be doing some shore diving next couple of weekends and will keep posting updates on conditions down here.

I haven't had a bad dive with Robert yet, at busy sites like Rattlesnake or even Oasis on a weekend afternoon I feel much better knowing he is up there keeping an eye on things. And of course, while I am experienced at diving Travis off of a variety of boats, it sure is nice to have a boat 100% set up for divers rather than making do with buddies ski or bass boat. Heck I've even dove Travis out of a 14' sailboat, try getting 2 divers with gear into a Glastron Alpha (sort of a sunfish type) and sailing out to Rattlesnake for a dive.

Now if I could just figure out how to get some better pics from my little olympus, those pics are really a lot greener than things actually were, vis was actually pretty nice except for a couple of silty spots. Nice enough that I couldn't stop spotting anchors. I think I will bring a couple of marker floats next time so I can just pop a float and pull up stuff at end, surfacing anchors eats up time and air.

Now if I could just figure out how to get some better pics from my little olympus, those pics are really a lot greener than things actually were, vis was actually pretty nice except for a couple of silty spots. Nice enough that I couldn't stop spotting anchors. I think I will bring a couple of marker floats next time so I can just pop a float and pull up stuff at end, surfacing anchors eats up time and air.

I will post when I am able to get out there. I went with Robert in May and it was GREAT. I have been wanting to get back soon. It will possibly be near the end of August I am sad to say. I will also bring my fiance, I am trying to get her into diving, I got her from saying to no way saying to she is thinking about it. Maybe seeing Roberts boat will help convince her some.

My kids got me a nice Canon camera for Fathers Day. I have an underwater case picked out for it but the funds are not quite here yet so I can buy it. Hopefully soon. It is a camera pretty much like the one RumBum has, so I am sure it will take some good pics.

Wonderful blog and thanks for the kind words. One thing missing....something about what seemed like hundreds of feet of line from the reel that had to be rewound.....You should be proud of your accomplishments....

looked at the oasis pics in photoshop after auto levels, they look much more like the dive(only green where appropriate :wink:)

here are a couple,

lmwb deploying smb...
2055477750090248561S600x600Q85.jpg

fish and rocks (of course)...
2176262270090248561S600x600Q85.jpg

I'll get 'em cleaned up better and post a few more when I get the time.

There are more achors waiting for your artistic touch but you have to bring them to the surface. Another anchor was pulled from under the Oasis today.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom