July 20 Lake Travis Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well me and NADMAT (notice I said only one buddy versus the three since we got stood up) had a blast, I got to see a fat nakkid dude , a fish the size of a car, and got to watch Matt find money and well tons of stuff. Personally I got me an anchor , some tool thing, a cassasett tape and my best day of diving yet. So tired Im literally going to bed. Thanks Robert, we had a blast.

Sweet day of diving, LM and I were the only divers on boat, Jared didn't make it down apparently. We did stop by Barstows on way out to the Oasis wall just to check and see if he was there and see if any one else wanted to boat dive. Robert took us on over to the Oasis wall for our first dive, LM and I had no particular plan other than to follow wall towards damn and come up when we felt like it was time.

We dropped down the wall as it shelved downward keeping the wall on our left. We continued down to about 64' hitting the thermo about 56' or so and heading back up out of it after just a few minutes for the warmer water. As we cruised along I found a us divers full foot fin amongst other junk, stuck it in back of bc and continued, hoping to find another. I did find $10 , followed by an anchor that we proceeded to salvage. After surfacing the anchor and handing it off to Robert we dropped back down to burn off the rest of our first tank, then surfaced, with LM deploying the smb. She deployed the smb on all dives, mostly successfully :wink:

When we surfaced we found that Robert, Leia and Maddy(sp?) had found the rope from a stuck anchor floating near the surface, so I went down and released a grapple type anchor stuck in a stump. LM was having so much fun finding stuff and seeing fish (oops, forgot to mention the three and a half foot long channel cat with a head as big as mine we disturbed resting in a crevice in the rocks. Should have been there to hear LM scream through her regulator :D) that we decided to use second tank to continue down wall so Robert cruised us around by the damn for our SI and brought us back to the wall near where we got out.

Second dive was much like first, including finding two more anchors, seeing lots more fish, lots of interesting cracks, crevices, and small grottos. Had a great time out on the Giant Stride (as always) Big Kudos to Robert for his great service! Jared, you missed out on good time, sorry you couldn't make it out. I have 10 bucks of found money already towards my next ride on Giant Stride, so I will be out again as soon as I can round up the rest :)

Took some pics, looking pretty green, but I'll try to get them uploaded and post up a few soon.

Dive profiles...

Attachments

• oasis.pdf
    80 KB · Views: 66
Next trip I suggest diving the Northpoint wall across from Starnes Island as it is similar wall structure to Oasis. Another wall worth exploring, no divers taken there yet, is down the arm from Scuba Park.

Lisa Marie promised to paint her anchor, so we will be waiting to see what she does with it. I think something along the lines of what you were gawking at through the binoculars would be appropriate.

couple of quick pics from the dive today...
2787255870090248561S500x500Q85.jpg

fish and rocks
2454848760090248561S500x500Q85.jpg

2637351540090248561S500x500Q85.jpg

2359924100090248561S500x500Q85.jpg

2928250210090248561S500x500Q85.jpg

the others are here, look at end of album for pics titled oasiswall720...

Sorry i didnt make it guys, i had the jeep all packed and ready. I had two fun problems last night, some of my guys got into trouble during the night that kept me up later then i wanted to and i had a power surge the messed up my clocks to top it off. Sounds like you had a good time. I hope i can make it up you yall.

I got to see a fat nakkid dude.

OK, read NatMat's report. Still need to hear details of the 'fat nakkid dude." :blinking:

OK, read NatMat's report. Still need to hear details of the 'fat nakkid dude." :blinking:

That will have to wait for LM, she was one with binoculars in hand as we passed hippie hollow on way to oasis wall :D

Me and Robert kept tellin' her the percentages of fat nekkid people to hot naked people were usually not good but she had to look anyway:shakehead:

I knew better than to scan for hot chicks on hippie hollow rocks at 9 something in the morning.

That will have to wait for LM, she was one with binoculars in hand as we passed hippie hollow on way to oasis wall :D

Me and Robert kept tellin' her the percentages of fat nekkid people to hot naked people were usually not good but she had to look anyway:shakehead:

I knew better than to scan for hot chicks on hippie hollow rocks at 9 something in the morning.

I will blog later this evening, I have to head to San Antonio soon. Its nice to have a dive that I feel the need to blog, from train wreck naked guys to the smb theres so much floating in my head that I still am thinking "Scuba".

I will say this, diving the oasis was a whole new lake, all new feel, look, and excitement. I tried to get my old man to up my sporting budget so I can take two trips on Lake Travis Scuba, thats how awesome it is.

Great pics NadMat, iIt sounds like you guys had a great time. I was out at Athens this weekend where the vis was about 5 ft. I am looking to go out to on LTS next month sometime, just not sure of a date yet. I will post to see if anyone will be able to join in.

Back
Top Bottom