Johnny Carson dies..........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug:
Nah... you're old if you watched Jack Parr.

Actually, you're old if you actually know who Jack Parr was.

Sad to hear that Johnny is no longer with us. The first I knew was during the Steelers/Patriots game (which is still on as I type) when they put up an "obit" during one of the commercial breaks.

Uncle Pug:
Yeah... well I'm so old I watched Steve Allen.

Okay... that is really, really, scarey. I didn't realize you were around when Fred Flinstone learned to dive. :wink:

Sadly, I know who you're talking about too. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I used to have one shaped like a little rocket ship and the antenna/tuner was the nose cone that you pulled out just the right amount so you could hear radio stuff through the little earphone.

Uncle Pug:
Yeah, I used to have one shaped like a little rocket ship and the antenna/tuner was the nose cone that you pulled out just the right amount so you could hear radio stuff through the little earphone.

Flash Gordon radio? My dad use to buy me kits from radio shack, and I use to assemble my own radio and crystal ear phone set...maybe that's why my degree is Computer Network Engineering.

Know this is not a joke now. Sad... Carson was a classy classic. I remember during my college days I said I'd know I was old if I stopped watching Carson. At the time I didn't realize that I'd have to stop due to his retirement and Jay Leno's assumption of the time slot (but not the crown IMHO).

Uncle Pug- I used to love Stevarino (Allen) and Jack Paar. And I was old enough to babysit in those days (for my younger sisters).

Dr. Bill

I grew up watching Carson and missed him when he retired - He was a nightly ritual for many people for my first 30 years. For those of you who missed seeing him, I think what made him so beloved was that he was genuinely interested in all kinds of people - whether the person was a kid who just won a bird call contest or a famous actor. His interest made them interesting. Also he was never mean spirited - he'd make a joke about anybody, but he never laughed harder than when he was laughing at himself. Smart, funny, kind - not a combination that you see on TV any more.

Jackie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom