JJ ccr head cover

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The company mentioned using TPU for the prototype, as I see in your quote above. Perhaps it's the Agilus30 that is the source of the cost. How flexible was the TPU?

Does it absolutely have to fit so tight around the hoses, or could the hole be made wide enough to print it in PLA? Of course, something flexible might survive in a gear bag better, but if you aren't going to be mistreating it, PLA is plenty sturdy, and that's a cheap print in PLA.

The company mentioned using TPU for the prototype, as I see in your quote above. Perhaps it's the Agilus30 that is the source of the cost. How flexible was the TPU?

Not very flexible...

I misunderstood the purpose of this. This is to protect the unit better during a dive, in which case you want it to be closely fit to keep sand out, and the flexibility can help in case of incidental contact with rocks or steel.

I thought this was more like this cover, which is designed for storage after a dive
JJ Rebreather head protector by GregPye
Which should print beautifully and cheaply in PLA.

Ah. That makes more sense.
Alas, most of us now have the head cover for storage that JJ sells with the unit. It's vented to help dry the cells.
We'll figure something out...

Ah. That makes more sense.
Alas, most of us now have the head cover for storage that JJ sells with the unit. It's vented to help dry the cells.
We'll figure something out...

I have one of those, and it's good for travel, but I don't store my head with that cover on, since it compresses the O-rings. I use one of the 3D printed loose fitting head covers for long term storage. For situations like, for example, when a global pandemic sucks up all of the O2 sensors....

I pull the orings off the head and store them in a Zip lock with a little Christolube. Concur with your concern about compression. Interestingly, the outer o-ring is significantly smaller than the land, so by removing it, I relieve some of my concern about constant stretch.

Back
Top Bottom