Jim Ernst Avatar...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:)

I never tried to jam a dry suit boot into a fin before so just found out it's alot different than sliding a bootie into a split fin :D

when I slide my bootie in (gosh this isn't sounding the way I ment it too - oh well) the toe touches the front of the split fin bed and the strap tightens the fit.

For example lets say the rubber foot bed of the jets was 6.5 inches. The rock boots only made it in 4 inches before the tops were too steep to jam in any more.

The LDS employee seemed to think it was a fine fit??? He said a medium would be too narrow - not sure I believe him. Maybe I should go back and try a smaller size.

I guess my question is: if the rock boots actually should touch the toe of the jet fins rubber bed - or if a gap is functional? And if so - then how large?

I hope this is clearer. It's kinda hard to describe

Sounds like the fin is too small. I have a size 11 rock boot, and use XXL jetfins. The jetfins run very small. I couldn't even get 1/2 my foot in an XL. What size boot are you using?

Sounds like the fin is too small. I have a size 11 rock boot, and use XXL jetfins. The jetfins run very small. I couldn't even get 1/2 my foot in an XL. What size boot are you using?

Nope I don't think the fins are too small, I think my feet are too small or the fins are too narrow. See I only wear size 5 guys (I'm pretty tiny 5'4") so the distance from my ankle to my toes is really small. By the time they jam in the foot cup within 3" the shoe begins to rise too steep to go in any farther.

brb???????

Be right back - took a quick plunge in my hot tub and sipped a glass of wine :D

Last edited:
Nope I don't think the fins are too small, I think my feet are too small or the fins are too narrow. See I only wear size 5 guys (I'm pretty tiny 5'4") so the distance from my ankle to my toes is really small. By the time they jam in the foot cup within 5" the shoe begins to rise too steep to go in any farther.

Does this make sense.

On second thought I better go try size medium and see if the sales clerk just didn't get it.

I did try an XL which was considerably wider, the L seemed to fit in width but was really long. I am guessing proportionatly the M would be narrower. Maybe will take another trip and check it out tomorrow. Otherwise need a similar fin with a wider foot cup - I think someone recommended the Turtles?

Be right back - took a quick plunge in my hot tub and sipped a glass of wine :D

Der.... BRB.....I am a sponehead! LOL!:D

Can I borrow the hot tub??

By the time they jam in the foot cup within 5" the shoe begins to rise too steep to go in any farther.

Does this make sense.

On second thought I better go try size medium and see if the sales clerk just didn't get it.

I take that back - just measured only 3.5" from the toe of the rock boot until the shoe begains to steeply rise to the laces

Of course - you are all welcome over. Belmont/next to San mateo is kinda a 1/2 way stop to Monterey for many :D But i recently heard something about hotubs and increased outgasing thus increased chance of bends - need to investigate more before I invite post diving parties.

Der.... BRB.....I am a sponehead! LOL!:D

Can I borrow the hot tub??

I take that back - just measured only 3.5" from the toe of the rock boot until the shoe begains to steeply rise to the laces

OH... OH .. OH... My name is BREWSKI.....

You mispelled.... begains....???

How Annoying that is.... LOL!

I am having a tough time visualizing what you're saying. I think it's just late and I'm tired.

It's ok - will just go back to the store & try again - It's kinda hard to explain - cause I do much better with visual.

Thanks for trying :D

have a good night!

Dry suit training starts next week & my 100th dive will be my first DS open water dive. Cold water here I come!:D

OH... OH .. OH... My name is BREWSKI.....You mispelled.... begains....???
How Annoying that is.... LOL!

I'm gonna missssspppelll everything here & so glad it's NOT graded :D:D:D A place where typos can run free is a welcome break from grad school.

Speaking of which I'm burried in piles of paper & will be up till 2:30am trying to lace them together.

I should probably get back to it :wink:

Thanks for the company guys!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom