Jim and Catherine's new boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Catherine, I am Eds brother Bob. He call me Saturday afternoon and sounded like a little kid on Christmas morning. :) He had a great time! Everytime I talk to him it just keeps getting better. I cannot wait until my wife and I get there. We will be there on November 8th -18th. I am guessing this will be the best diving for me yet. Last year in the Bahamas was pretty cool with all the sharks but I am really looking forward to diving with Ed some more.

By the way....AWESOME PICTURES! I wish I could take half as good pictures on land and you do it underwater!

Hehehe I'm going to have to get my butt down there Catherine. I bring the steaks? =)

My, my, Catherine. After viewing these pics I have no idea why you would have left the fantastic vis and warm water of Catalina to live and dive there!

drbill:
My, my, Catherine. After viewing these pics I have no idea why you would have left the fantastic vis and warm water of Catalina to live and dive there!

Catalina is one of my favorite places to dive but.....it ain't tropical is it.

Beautiful boat. I betcha you have some fun days ahead of you!

well, my joy has been dampened by the fact that JB has to go back to Ramadi / Fallujah in March.

It is not the kind of thing you can do alone. And you cannot let a boat sit either.

So...been giving this some thought. RockJock and Ed divine boat buddies....need a couple more for when they are working. Ideally, I want a little group thing that maybe involves a desire to hop out there and go across to Molakai or some adventures like that. Of course, with little experience, we must pick flat days..... So, if I had a few friends that were interested in what that involves (I am learning...) planning, driving, GPS, food, etc, fuel, it might be a good situation. Freediving for bouys, driving drifts...any boat people out there should contact me. If you do not have boat ability but are willing to chip for fuel or food and are a strong diver....

John Melino and I did some planning once when he drove the Elysium across...(Lahaina)
He had never done it. Mike Severn's "Dive Hawaii" helped a lot, we bought a chart, asked around, etc. He is interested also and has a flexible schedule.
Four at a time is the majic number on this boat. Two can dive or drift at a time unless we find a very secure mooring and other boats in the area. I have an EPIRB that I might try and house...right now though, it is on the boat.
Two engines makes it fairly safe I guess if we pick good conditions.

So far, pleased with the fuel efficiency on the cat hull at cruising speeds. We can go about 25 knots but 14-15 seems optimal. The engines trim the nose nicely in oncoming seas and the ride is pretty amazing. Only taking it on the beam feels a little funny and once you get the timing right, even that is a nice ride.

Ed and Jay...
here is your White Tip at the Baby Bardge ledge....I will bring you a disc Ed.

DSC_0274-1.jpg
[/IMG]

the barge--

BabyBargesunstream3.jpg

catherine96821:
well, my joy has been dampened by the fact that JB has to go back to Ramadi / Fallujah in March.

Wow, sorry to hear that - he just got back, too. Not that I know anything about it, but ~6 months between tours doesn't seem like lot of time.

Thanks Cheryl,

All the Marines (and Army) are doing some heavy lifting these days....JB has guys who graduated a couple years ago from high school that have been three times already. We have six months...(and forever) I'm a bit bitter but I saw some kids that had gotten injured last deployment (with him) and they will have a better chance if he goes again Man, they are a tight.

Aloha, Bob. Ed really has his diving act together. Pretty unflapable guy, huh?
look forward to meeting you. Welcome to SB!.

I'll be back in a few days if ya want to plan an overnighter somewhere. I ran my boat (F/V Wildcard) from Ca to AK three time solo, so I should be able to figure out things for an interisland run.

I posted here a few minutes ago but it's not up yet? Hummm?????
So again, I'll be back in a few days if you want to plan an overnighter. I have about 20,000 miles of sea time so an interisland trip should be within my abilities.

Wow. I'm so sorry for you. I will be praying (AND supportive) for JB.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom