Jim and Catherine's new boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great pictures Catherine! Congrats on the new boat and especially welcome home to your JB!

Catherine & company,

Awesome pictures, especially for someone like me that just got to the island--I want to jump right into the water :)

Not trying to hijack the thread but I have to ask :)

Question: Can't help but notice that you use pretty much the same gear configuration I am using, I am sitting here on the couch trying to decide whether or not to rig up my Aluminum or SS backplate given the diving here (I come from California, drysuit diving). So what are you using SS or aluminum? I am asuming that's an Al80 and a 3mm wetsuit (nice X-shorts btw).

Thanks in advance,

Sherman

Diver Dennis:
I might just have to drop by there on my way back from Asia in December Catherine.
In what part of December would you be going to Hawaii, if it works out? We're going to be there until Dec. 5th.

Wow the thread really took off; I guess it’s just testimony of how great the dives and our hosts really were yesterday. JB and Catherine, I want to say thanks again for inviting us along. I can’t think of anything which would have made the trip more enjoyable. Thanks for posting the pictures; I told my brother I would send him some. He’s already a member of SB so now he can just chime in here also. Catherine, can you send or post some of “our” White Tips Jay took with “his” camera? :wink: As far as the pictures I took with your camera, with a setup like yours and the vis the way it was point and click that’s all it took.

Thanks again,
Ed

yes, Ed...do I have your e-mail? PM it, okay? I can burn you guys a disc too....if you want that send your mailing address or we can dive next week.

Scuba and dream, those x-shorts are Jay. yes He and I both use an Eclipse. I wear a 3mm suit and an Al back plate. I wear 6 pounds on my belt. Jay uses two 2's on his cam bands. He would be negative if he went to the SS back plate. He loves to talk about gear and has it together, taking the best from DIR and maintaining his freedom on his kayak and diving with us strokes.

Man, he has his system down. I had a not so fine moment when I returned from the Corsair. Did not engage brain and went to our boat and removed my fins from habit without thinking and without having ever doffed my BP/W in rolling seas. Then I proceeded to cluster**** myself by making a mess of my long hose. The seas were rolling and I realized I was a mess a little too late where I started demanding and begging that Jay not let go of me. I felt like a calf at a roping. So...then he dived with Ed and showed me how the ninja Kayak divers do it all nice and neat. He unwrapped his long hose, replaced reg, removed necklace and then fell forward, reg still in place and "swam" right out of his harness webbing and passed the inflated wing up to the boat. His reg and fins were the last to go. VERY impressive. So, track the guy down as he is a SCUBA freak and loves to talk diving and gear till the cows come home. No real swim step on our Glacier Bay, although it is not too bad. There is space for a ladder between the props.

Dennis, hope you come!

Sherman, Aloha and welcome to Oahu. Calgirl, hope you are feeling better. Chris, where is your shop?

Catherine,

I had a meal on the deck of The Kona Brewery on Saturday (about 2 p.m.) Isn't your slip there somewhere? Anyway, I was telling my friends about your new boat and kept looking to see if arriving/departing boats had you in there.

I'm glad you had a wonderful time. No killer trigger this time?

-becky

Becky,

My biggest enemy was myself, this time. My "lasso myself and try and get on the boat" trick.....

Yes, we are C-24 behind Bubbles ice cream across from Devon of Aquazone. Honeyann is two up from us. You missed the opportunity if you were planning to be entertained watching us try and dock it, I think we have it down now.

catherine96821:
thanks...gotta get you here Andy.

oh, how i so wish i could take you up on that!

:wink:

:rofl3: better come before I kill myself.

Scuba and Dream:
Catherine & company,

Awesome pictures, especially for someone like me that just got to the island--I want to jump right into the water :)

Not trying to hijack the thread but I have to ask :)

Question: Can't help but notice that you use pretty much the same gear configuration I am using, I am sitting here on the couch trying to decide whether or not to rig up my Aluminum or SS backplate given the diving here (I come from California, drysuit diving). So what are you using SS or aluminum? I am asuming that's an Al80 and a 3mm wetsuit (nice X-shorts btw).

Thanks in advance,

Sherman

Sherman,

No problem. It will depend on your build a lot. I use the AL plate AL80 and wera a 4/3 suit with the X-shorts. I only wore 8lbs when I had my BC and now with the Halcyon I wear 4lbs. I thought about it hard when I got the Halcyon, but for me the AL plate was the best way to go. If I put the SS plate I would be overweighted with no additional weight.

Jay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom