Jetty and Boat dive reports 8/25 & 8/26

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If we can get away from diving bridge rubble, airforce barge, phoenix barge, and Miss Louise, I'd be in... I just don't want to spend any more money to dive those same old sites when there are several other sites off of Destin I haven't seen :/

Care to travel to PCB? I know a great 6 pack over there, just so happens to be deckhanded by a ScubaBoarder as well.

Scubaholics is the local dive club. Meets first Tuesday each month at about 6:30 pm in someone's home. We plan dives about once a month. You can just show up at a meeting - I'll let you know where and when if you're interested.

Total on the boat Saturday was about 16 divers, 3 crew, and 1 bubble watcher. This was a pretty full trip. ScubaTech will go out if we have six divers - at least that is what they said before the gas prices went sky high.

826boat.jpg

SuPrBuGmAn:
If we can get away from diving bridge rubble, airforce barge, phoenix barge, and Miss Louise, I'd be in... I just don't want to spend any more money to dive those same old sites when there are several other sites off of Destin I haven't seen :/

Care to travel to PCB? I know a great 6 pack over there, just so happens to be deckhanded by a ScubaBoarder as well.

I've done it before....

who is the deckhand?

SuPrBuGmAn:
kch - sure ya don't mean the Miss Louis tug? :wink:

I'm sure I don't mean the Miss Louise. :wink: I meant the Miss Janet. She is further out and deeper. Also much more intact.

Nice pics Yoda. Im going to try and get out to Destin in September for some boat dives. This weekend I had to teach OW class, so we went to Morrison on Saturday. Right as we got in the water it started pouring rain but no lightning so we kept diving. One really cool thing is it washed a ton of dirt down the beach and into the water and underwater you could see this slow motion avalanche of silt billowing towards you. We ended up having to swim over to the other beach to get away from it. It kept raining though, dropping the viz to about 10ft in most of the basin, but bluish. Spent about three hours underwater though.

photohikedive:
I've done it before....

who is the deckhand?

darcy

Captain(Capt Logan) of the boat(SeaHunter) is cool too. Its a no frills but very capable 6 pack :D I've been looking for a reason to book it.

kchFLA:
I'm sure I don't mean the Miss Louise. :wink: I meant the Miss Janet. She is further out and deeper. Also much more intact.

Yeah, SeaYoda corrected me - I hadn't heard about the Janet. Probably because ScubaTech doesn't go to it. The SeaCobra is a nice cattleboat and the staff onboard and in the shop are awesome, but I'm tired of seeing the same sites when there is so much more(like the Janet apparently) sitting there not being dived.

SuPrBuGmAn:
darcy

Captain(Capt Logan) of the boat(SeaHunter) is cool too. Its a no frills but very capable 6 pack :D I've been looking for a reason to book it.

Yeah, SeaYoda corrected me - I hadn't heard about the Janet. Probably because ScubaTech doesn't go to it. The SeaCobra is a nice cattleboat and the staff onboard and in the shop are awesome, but I'm tired of seeing the same sites when there is so much more(like the Janet apparently) sitting there not being dived.
Yep, went on Seahunter with Darcy and the Capt a few weeks ago. Had a great time. Book them through Dive Locker.

I'd rather just book them directly and leave Dive Locker out of the picture. :wink:

SuPrBuGmAn:
darcy

so, if I was able to twist some arms, and actually get MDB to go, and if everyone was willing, there is a possible group of 5...

Me
MDB
Yoda
SBM
KCH

where's Mike_S when you need him?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom