Jet Fin vs Rocket Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I still own my original 1979 Jet fins they are size medium only replaced the straps once. I will be able to give them to my daughter to use in a couple of years. Jet fins 79.jpg

Sorry if this was already ansered.

Exept for age and the coolness factor, is there any real difference between the vintage jets and the jets you can buy in a store today?

Well, for one thing, the original Jet Fins, those developed by the French diving equipment company Beuchat in Marseilles before Scubapro adopted them for sale in the USA, came with a full-foot fitting:
jet3.jpg

Well, for one thing, the original Jet Fins, those developed by the French diving equipment company Beuchat in Marseilles before Scubapro adopted them for sale in the USA, came with a full-foot fitting:
jet3.jpg

hi David,

What were those Beuchat fins called? Why did they have straps as well as fullfoot pockets?

hon

Back
Top Bottom