Jet fin holes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They may be indexing points, I don't know a lot about molding rubber and why or why not you would need to have those, but I can tell you one thing... I can tell you what you can say they do.

They are ambient pressure sensing ports which conduct the exact pressure at any given depth towards the center of the fin. Pressure imbalances cause movement of the fin, and/or the water around the fin. Undesired pressure imbalances cause undesired movement. By placing these sensors in both the top and botttom of the fin, ambient pressure is balanced.

They may be indexing points, I don't know a lot about molding rubber and why or why not you would need to have those, but I can tell you one thing... I can tell you what you can say they do.

They are ambient pressure sensing ports which conduct the exact pressure at any given depth towards the center of the fin. Pressure imbalances cause movement of the fin, and/or the water around the fin. Undesired pressure imbalances cause undesired movement. By placing these sensors in both the top and botttom of the fin, ambient pressure is balanced.

:rofl3:

I though they had to do with being nitrox compatible?

Only if you had them O2 cleaned first!

PS when do you get back in the water? I hear you are laid up!

see you topside! John

My surface interval runs another four-weeks at least - ugh!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom