Wanted Scubapro Jet Fins, white, XL, no hole in front of fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SaltyWombat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Wanted:
  • Scubapro Jet Fins
  • XL
  • White
  • No hole in the front of the fin. See attached pictures. This is an older style. Newer style Jet Fins have a hole. That's just not what I want.

white_jets_yes.png
white_jets_no.png

Yeah what is with that stupid hole? It's a hydrodynamic atrocity to put a disruption at the fin tip like that. Never even wanted to hang mine that way.

Yeah what is with that stupid hole? It's a hydrodynamic atrocity to put a disruption at the fin tip like that. Never even wanted to hang mine that way.

I have no idea if this is true, but someone told me the holes are for military divers who parachute out of airplanes. They use a cord to attach the tip of the fin to their upper calf. This keeps the fin tip pointed up as they walk down the body of the plane towards the door they jump from. Without the fin tips curled up, they can trip. After landing, they cut the cord.

Again, I have no idea if that's true. This explanation might raise more questions than it solves.

I have no idea if this is true, but someone told me the holes are for military divers who parachute out of airplanes. They use a cord to attach the tip of the fin to their upper calf. This keeps the fin tip pointed up as they walk down the body of the plane towards the door they jump from. Without the fin tips curled up, they can trip. After landing, they cut the cord.

Again, I have no idea if that's true. This explanation might raise more questions than it solves.
Very interesting. I hope this is true, it's way better than what I was told. I've been told it's for tying them to your back pack.

So, you are wanting something like these?
What are they worth to you?
1683948674030.jpeg

So, you are wanting something like these?
What are they worth to you?

Yeah, that's the style I'm after. They're less white than expected though. My plan, which might be misguided or naive, is to use them in photography as a white balance reference. I'll send you a DM, but I'll have to give this more thought.

Yeah, that's the style I'm after. They're less white than expected though. My plan, which might be misguided or naive, is to use them in photography as a white balance reference. I'll send you a DM, but I'll have to give this more thought.
White balance is actually with an 18% gray card

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom