Jet Fin Alternative

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I could almost guarantee that any competitive cyclist would destroy these fins in 3 weeks use, aside from being horrified by how flimsy they kick.....Granted I am jaded because I live in an area where we expect big currents from time to time...and I know plenty of you guys will never expect or want this....
But wouldn't you like knowing the fin "could" do it, if you needed it to ?

I could almost guarantee that any competitive cyclist would destroy these fins in 3 weeks use, aside from being horrified by how flimsy they kick.....Granted I am jaded because I live in an area where we expect big currents from time to time...and I know plenty of you guys will never expect or want this....
But wouldn't you like knowing the fin "could" do it, if you needed it to ?

I am not a "competitive cyclist" anymore, well, mostly, not but I am pretty sure those Hotshots would be found lacking.

However, I do applaud AL for taking the traveling diver seriously and trying to offer innovative travel friendly products to the diver. Good going AL, keep it up (examples ZUMA, Hotshot fins, new lighter weight regulators etc). A short fin with a wide blade and some thoughtful tailoring of the blade stiffness might be better than the rubber bands and joints and all that. But anyway, I do like the direction AL is going with some of these products.

N

In stock! And even a few bucks cheaper than LP.

Yeah, I've been reading that they're stiffer than the Jets, but being lighter and smaller, since I went with a L, I think they may be exactly what I'm looking for.

Do tell after you've had the time to dive with em... if you hate em I'll gladly take em off you... seriously!

Has anyone tried the Hollis f2 fins? They seem like they should address some of the issues raised in this thread.

Has anyone tried the Hollis f2 fins? They seem like they should address some of the issues raised in this thread.

At least read the 1st page of the thread.

....................................................................:).....................................................................

Frog kick - Poor.
Actually, terrible, now there’s a word that fits. The Hot Shots are so bad at the Frog kick, I actually looked back to see if they’d broken or something. They almost felt as if I was frog kicking in just bare feet – it took 3 kicks to go as far as I’d expect with a relaxed single frog kick. And I tried them all – Modified Frog, regular Frog, straight-leg Frog – nope. No power at all.

I think I'll pass on the Hot Shots

Do tell after you've had the time to dive with em... if you hate em I'll gladly take em off you... seriously!
Will do, but I have a feeling I'm going to love them. My original Jets before I started diving dry were actually a smaller size. I think even a M.

Will do, but I have a feeling I'm going to love them. My original Jets before I started diving dry were actually a smaller size. I think even a M.

I'm a US9.5 and the SP Jet L is almost on the small side but the shape of the slipstream is taller n should fit much better then the flat/wide jet. I'm crossing my fingers that u don't like the OMS but I'm guessing that you're going to love em lol!

Back
Top Bottom