Jefferson Lake Oct 6th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All of the weather forecasts are different, but even the worst is not too bad if it doesn't get windy. I will not be able to get to a computer today until about 10 pm. Count me in for tomorrow. Frank, lets meet at the Mountain View Park and Ride at 9 am (if you decide to go). I'll PM my cell to Frank and Ron in case something changes.

Ok. I'll plan on meeting you guys around 10:00am at the lake. :coffee:

Out of curiosity, do any of you know what the road called "Tarryall Rd" from Lake George via Tarryall to Jefferson is like? :confused:

I,ve been on that road as far as 8 miles down stream from Tarryall Lake. The road is paved all the way to the town of Jefferson.

Ryan and Dan,
We can meet at the park & ride located on the Southwest corner of Route 285 and Wadsworth Blvd at 8:15 and car pool from there. I'll PM my cell number to everyone.
Frank

Ok. I'll plan on meeting you guys around 10:00am at the lake. :coffee:

Out of curiosity, do any of you know what the road called "Tarryall Rd" from Lake George via Tarryall to Jefferson is like? :confused:

I,ve been on that road as far as 8 miles down stream from Tarryall Lake. The road is paved all the way to the town of Jefferson.

If this is the road that turns south from Jefferson, and goes to Terryall Res than I've done that. Not sure what you are asking?

If this is the road that turns south from Jefferson, and goes to Terryall Res than I've done that. Not sure what you are asking?

That road continues on to HWY 24 just West of Lake George. My GPS shows that route as about 17 miles and 13 minutes closer than going west to Hartsel and taking HWY 9 up to Fairplay and back tracking to Jefferson. If my GPS is right (you know it isn't always) that means that road is a >60 mph road and it might be a little closer. Is it as nice a road as HWY 9? My GPS maps just call it Tarryall Rd. They don't have a HWY number (or even a County Road number) assigned to it. That leads me to believe that it may not be as good of a road as HWY 9 and I might be ahead going on to Hartsel and Fairplay.

The road is two laned, paved, but not as nice as 9. I can't remember the speed limit, if memory serves it's not a road you can average 60mph on. 45mph is more likely. It's a secondary road, and the last time we visited Terryall Res we took that road in, but decided to return on 9 because I THINK we felt it was faster. IMO drive it home if you want to check it out, it's a nice drive.

Sounds like everyone is up for this. Should we do food?

I can bring a BBQ, and I have some dogs, and maybe I'll pull an Elk steak out of the freezer.

I'll bring my canopy, and the sides. This canopy can handle wind as I've had it setup in my driveway for the last two weeks without issue.

What are the driving arrangements? Do I need to carry more than myself and ONE other person? I need to know if I want to put my carrier on top of the car.

This was the last list, is this everyone?

Ron
Rick (Waterskier1)
GeoRoc
Dan
Lynda
Frank

I guess we are still waiting to here from Michelle.

Thanks Ron,

I kind of thought the same thing. I've not heard anyone speak of using that road, except to go to Tarryall Res. I may take your advise, and come back that way, depending on when we leave.

Has a decision been made about BBQing? :popcorn:

Or, more directly, are you planning on bringing your BBQ? If so, I can throw something in to grill. (No need for the kitchen sink:wink: ).

I got my wet suit gloves in the mail yesterday. I ordered Medium, after measuring my hand as they instructed, but they are very tight! :11: I'll give them a try - just how sung should wet suit gloves be, and will they "loosen up" when wet?

This was the last list, is this everyone?

Ron
Rick (Waterskier1)
GeoRoc
Dan
Lynda
Frank

I guess we are still waiting to here from Michelle.

And Ryan (bikefox) - will let us know after 10:00 tonight.

We're going to have to pass unfortunately. Leif's back is bugging him, so he wants to let it heal a little bit before we do another dive. Oh well, guess we'll just have to plan another dive trip. :)

Have fun tomorrow though!

Back
Top Bottom