Jefferson Lake Oct 6th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ron, You're covered on a tank. The weather is the big issue. Ron and I have been to Jefferson in the cold wind. Takes the edge off the 100 ft vis.!
Ryan,
We can meet at a local park and ride. Alternate plan, shoot clays at Kiowa Creek if the weather is not good for a Jefferson dive.
Frank

I just checked the weather (see my pervious post) and it looks like Saturday is now predicted to be warmer than Sunday. :coffee:

I'm still planning on going, but wonder if we should exchange cell numbers in case we wish to cancel. :(

Ron, You're covered on a tank. The weather is the big issue. Ron and I have been to Jefferson in the cold wind. Takes the edge off the 100 ft vis.!
Ryan,
We can meet at a local park and ride. Alternate plan, shoot clays at Kiowa Creek if the weather is not good for a Jefferson dive.
Frank

The weather is looking better. What time are we planning to meet? Is anyone bringing a grill? I'll bring two 120s which should be enough if someone needs an extra tank. They are DIN, but I will bring an adaptor.

Frank
I'll send a PM about carpooling.

Ryan

The weather is looking better. What time are we planning to meet? Is anyone bringing a grill? I'll bring two 120s which should be enough if someone needs an extra tank. They are DIN, but I will bring an adaptor.

Frank
I'll send a PM about carpooling.

Ryan

I suggested meeting at the Mountain View Park and Ride on 285 in Conifer at 9:00am for those coming from Denver. If some want to hook up in Denver, you can work that out. I figure Franks truck will hold four at the most, and that maybe crowded.

My Outback can likely hold three IF I put my car carrier on top. So what do folks want to do?

See my post from October 2nd. We could meet at Mountain View, it's a safe place to leave vehicles, and then wagon train from there. That would put us at Jefferson Lake a bit after 10:00am I think.

I have Dan's, Rick's, and Frank's cell phone info. I'll shoot a PM with my cell number to those that have expressed interest in going. Keep in mind that you will likely NOT have any cell service even along parts of 285 to Baily. Once past Baily I think service will be spotty or none.

That would put us at Jefferson Lake a bit after 10:00am I think.

Ok. I'll plan on meeting you guys around 10:00am at the lake. :coffee:

Out of curiosity, do any of you know what the road called "Tarryall Rd" from Lake George via Tarryall to Jefferson is like? :confused:

My GPS routed me that way, as a faster route than taking Colo 9 up to Fairplay and back to Jefferson. :popcorn:

Was there a concensus on BBQing :confused: I want to see Ron unload the kitchen sink :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I'm going to put me and Leif down as last minute "maybes". We'll decide tomorrow. We need 2 more dives to hit Master and we just got certified dry suit, so this may just work for us. Ron, I'll decide midday Friday if we're going and I'll PM you with my cell number (as well as post an affirmative here).

I spoke to Frank (this morning) and Dan (tonight). Here is the forecast base on NOAA which I've found to be more accurate than most for the mountains:

NOAA:
Saturday: A 30 percent chance of showers after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 62. Breezy, with a west southwest wind between 17 and 25 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph.

I've been watching this all week, and it looks like whatever is moving in is doing so more slowly then they thought.

We will look at the forecast, and decide if we want to do the dive this weekend and make a decision tomorrow by mid-day.

Personally I would like to get another dive in CO in 2007, but not if it's cold, wet, windy with low vis. I'll post tomorrow as I'm sure others will as well.

Personally I would like to get another dive in CO in 2007, but not if it's cold, wet, windy with low vis. I'll post tomorrow as I'm sure others will as well.

I think I'm the only one diving wet :eyebrow:

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom