Japanese Whaling Ship Catches Fire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mossman:
Nope. I'm an only child. All my close relatives are dead or should be dead. If I knew anyone close to me involved in whaling, I might kill him or her myself.

Besides, it's only whales in a far away country yet I somehow give a damm aboot them, eh?

I hope that this is sarcasm. . .

Mossman:
Nope. I'm an only child. All my close relatives are dead or should be dead. If I knew anyone close to me involved in whaling, I might kill him or her myself.

Besides, it's only whales in a far away country yet I somehow give a damm aboot them, eh?
Thought for the day: People in India have the same thought process about you vs a cow. It's a cultural difference. And I agree with Andy. A life is a life. None are above others.

H2Andy:
i could never be happy over the death of a human being, even a tyrant like Saddam Hussein. they're still people, and there but for the grace of God i might have gone

... you wouldn't have the ******

but that's just crazy ...

Live by the sword...die by the sword. I have too many problems to worry about other people. 0, 1, 10, 100, 1000...so what?

How many people are dying in Iraq and Dafur? Not even if the whole boat goes down can compare to what happens in those place in a single day.

ffestpirate:
Thought for the day: People in India have the same thought process about you vs a cow. It's a cultural difference. And I agree with Andy. A life is a life. None are above others.

except for my life, it is worth more than yours, you swash buckling Pirate clown you :D :D :)

Mossman:

Poor you, all alone in this world, with no relatives or friends. I sympathise. :(

I can care about both whales and a lost sailor

Gussy:
Live by the sword...die by the sword. I have too many problems to worry about other people. 0, 1, 10, 100, 1000...so what?

How many people are dying in Iraq and Dafur? Not even if the whole boat goes down can compare to what happens in those place in a single day.
How many people are dying in Frisco, NYC and other U.S. cities ? :shakehead

Gussy:

i am not sure i follow your argument ... but...

compared to what we do to humans on a day to day basis, what we do to whales is insignificant

yet you're up in arms about whaling and don't seem to care much about all the people dying?

H2Andy:
i don't see how you can fight for the lives of whales and not care about the lives of humans
I believe humans have the capacity for evil. I don't believe that whales can be evil. Therefore, whales are inherently more good than people.

Religion backs me on this, at least with the concept of original sin. Animals aren't born into sin, people are. I don't believe the best way to atone for one's original sin is by killing whales.

i think it's a bit disengenous for you to decry how others dont' care for human life (capital punishment, etc.) and at the same time say you don't care for human life lost while whaling
No, it's consistent. I don't care a whit about the evil murderer or the evil whaler.

Back
Top Bottom