Japanese Whaling Ship Catches Fire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gussy:
Live by the sword...die by the sword. I have too many problems to worry about other people. 0, 1, 10, 100, 1000...so what?

How many people are dying in Iraq and Dafur? Not even if the whole boat goes down can compare to what happens in those place in a single day.

Just food for thought it is safer for you to drive through downtown Baghdad then south west Washington DC or detroit... Trust me on this . . .

Mossman:

If that is the way you feel maybe we should start a prayer chain for you because thats is not something one says normally. . . .

dlndavid:
How many people are dying in Frisco, NYC and other U.S. cities ? :shakehead

Probably a quite a few...I only remember the one from the news last night...about a pregant woman shot in a drive by shooting in East Bay. I didn't listen to the whole segment...changed channel but it was too late for American Idol.

ffestpirate:
Thought for the day: People in India have the same thought process about you vs a cow. It's a cultural difference. And I agree with Andy. A life is a life. None are above others.
No they don't. Non-Balinese Hindus abscribe religious significance to cows. They are holy and sacred. I don't believe whales are holy or sacred. I do believe that they are endangered and extremely intelligent sentient beings. When cows get that rare and that smart, I'll want to protect them too. In the meantime, I believe I'll have another cheeseburger.

jhbryaniv:
Just food for thought it is safer for you to drive through downtown Baghdad then south west Washington DC or detroit... Trust me on this . . .

That's why I'm not in Bagdad. What does it matter for me how safe it is to drive in Bagdad?

Mossman:
No they don't. Non-Balinese Hindus abscribe religious significance to cows. They are holy and sacred. I don't believe whales are holy or sacred. I do believe that they are endangered and extremely intelligent sentient beings. When cows get that rare and that smart, I'll want to protect them too. In the meantime, I believe I'll have another cheeseburger.
I believe the same about whales. I also believe that people should be put back on the foodchain to thin the heard. Natural selection and all. I do not, however, find any reason to celebrate the death of any one particular species. Human or animal.

wardric:
Poor you, all alone in this world, with no relatives or friends. I sympathise. I can care about both whales and a lost sailor
I never said I didn't have any friends and I have plenty of relatives, just no more "close" relatives by my definition (i.e., children, parents, siblings, grandparents). Regardless, none of them were or are involved in whaling. I believe I have some ancestors on my father's side that were whalers. If that's the case, I'm glad they're dead.

Mossman:

Pigs are as smart as whales. Didn't you see Babe?

Some bacon in your cheeseburger?

Back
Top Bottom