January Meet, Greet & Invade Point Lobos? :)

What day could you make it?

• Sunday, January 13th

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, we will have to bear that in mind. I think, however, I might take this thread back to a more serious note..... Back to the 1/19 Diving Extravaganza Planning.

Here's what looks like the day's events -
Dive #1 - Metridium Field - Leader: ?
Dive #2 - Out along the Wall
Meet up with Doc Wong and group @ Buzzard's for early dinner
Dive #3 - Night dive @ BW again? (for anyone interested; conditions permitting)
Drinks somewhere
Party @ Michelle's Room at the Lone Oak (just kidding - unless she says otherwise!)

(1) What time do you all want to meet up / first dive?

(2) As well, I know Doc Wong will be doing some drills @ Pt. Lobos, so should we set up an approximate time for meeting up at Buzzards?

(3) Any suggestions for a place for drinks?

Well, we will have to bear that in mind. I think, however, I might take this thread back to a more serious note..... Back to the 1/19 Diving Extravaganza Planning.

Here's what looks like the day's events -
Dive #1 - Metridium Field - Leader: ?
Dive #2 - Out along the Wall
Meet up with Doc Wong and group @ Buzzard's for early dinner
Dive #3 - Night dive @ BW again? (for anyone interested; conditions permitting)
Drinks somewhere
Party @ Michelle's Room at the Lone Oak (just kidding - unless she says otherwise!)

(1) What time do you all want to meet up / first dive?

(2) As well, I know Doc Wong will be doing some drills @ Pt. Lobos, so should we set up an approximate time for meeting up at Buzzards?

(3) Any suggestions for a place for drinks?

Ok as for time, I plan to arrive friday evening but some others may be planning on arriving saturday morning so how about, I dunno maybe 9 or 10 to accomodate everyone? suggestions?

I have no problem showing the way to the metridiums for those that want to go there.

As for after the dive's since we'll be at buzzards for dinner I'm sure Christy can take care of our drinking needs. that brings me to the night dive, if Christys 's pouring I'm probably NOT doing a nite dive. :wink:

What about that party Michelle?????

Many of the North Coast Divers will also be in Monterey that weekend. We are staying at the Lone Oak Lodge and had also planned on a Saturday night dive at the Breakwater.

Those of you with reservations to Point Lobos on Saturday that will not be using them and would be willing to give them up please PM me. We would be willing to compensate you for your prior donation to the park service. Thanks to Jim we have one dive team in so far, and a few others that would very much appreciate the opportunity to experience Point Lobos.

Ok as for time, I plan to arrive friday evening but some others may be planning on arriving saturday morning so how about, I dunno maybe 9 or 10 to accomodate everyone? suggestions?

I have no problem showing the way to the metridiums for those that want to go there.

As for after the dive's since we'll be at buzzards for dinner I'm sure Christy can take care of our drinking needs. that brings me to the night dive, if Christys 's pouring I'm probably NOT doing a nite dive. :wink:

What about that party Michelle?????

I'm driving down Sat morning from Santa Rosa, so 9:00 sounds good to me.

I'll have to wait to see how well Christy takes care of us before I make my final decision on a night dive...but I'd really like to if conditions are good.

I'm fine with having a party in my room at the Lone Oak. I may have a roommate or 2(classmates) but I'm sure they'd join in the fun too. :cheers:
I do have to make it to the Sanctuary in the morning though, so it can't be an all nighter. :shakehead:

Many of the North Coast Divers will also be in Monterey that weekend. We are staying at the Lone Oak Lodge and had also planned on a Saturday night dive at the Breakwater.

That's great. I've been meaning to join you guys on one of the monthly group dives up here but it just hasn't worked out. It would be great to meet all of you. Will you guys be coming to Buzzard's for dinner?

That's great. I've been meaning to join you guys on one of the monthly group dives up here but it just hasn't worked out.

:coffee: Wake up one morning and drive out to the Coast with us. We can easily make it to the dive sites in around an hour and fifteen minutes.

It would be great to meet all of you. Will you guys be coming to Buzzard's for dinner?

We haven't even thought about dinner, and I must admit, I have not heard of Buzzard's. It will be a group decision, and then I just go with the flow.

Definitely no alcohol for me in hopes of night diving. At least not until after the dive.

Peter - PM will be sent re my reservation.

Re: Dinner - I will go for dinner, but probably not a drink if I am going to dive that evening. I am going to play it by ear based upon conditions. However, I will be trying to have at least one margarita at the end of the diving day for all those interested. :)

Thanks Pro for volunteering to lead the metridium dive.

I think that meeting between 8:30 and 9:00, first dive at 10:00 AM should work well for most. If you are going to be doing the Metridium dive (#1), please plan on being there and ready to go by 10 AM. I figure the 2nd dive at about 1:00 PM depending upon BTs, etc.

:coffee: Wake up one morning and drive out to the Coast with us. We can easily make it to the dive sites in around an hour and fifteen minutes.

I'll try to do that soon. :D Do you guys dive Fort Ross very often? I've heard good things about it and want to check it out sometime.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom