January Meet, Greet & Invade Point Lobos? :)

What day could you make it?

• Sunday, January 13th

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sarita75

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Always a nice surprise to get a call out of the blue from Doc Wong but even better when the discussion turns to doing another get together. We discussed the possibility of doing a January meet & greet at Point Lobos since December is pretty much completely booked.

I just checked out the schedule and it appears that there is availability at present on Sunday, January 13th or the following weekend on Saturday the 19th or Sunday the 20th. Anyone interested and, if so, when? I think that the 19th might be a top contender... at least for me. :)

I started a voting thingy (technical term) above so please vote and if there is enough interest, we'll pick a date that works best for the majority. :) Please vote by Saturday (12/1) so we can go ahead and get reservations, etc.

For your convenience: Point Lobos State Reserve - Dive Calendar)

Being as what Chuck has said - if people are more interested in scheduling out further, into February, that is perfectly fine with me. I am not partial to any given date, time, etc. I am just going on what Doc and I had discussed and am trying to get the proverbial ball rolling IF people are even interested. :hideing_b

For January 19th, as of now there's 12 reservations left which means 24 people. So if I can get commitments for Saturday Jan 19th, I'll make those reservations.

First post disappeared for some reason. I'm the other vote. I'm fine with any day in January. I can make Saturday Jan 19th. February is a different story though.

I'm in contact with Point Lobos Reservations and need to know the sooner the better on how many reservations so hopefully anyone that wants to go will say so soon.

Sweet - Brad's coming! I have a fish photo for you Brad from our trip this last weekend. I will have to post my report either tonight or tomorrow.

Doc - I think Michelle is out of town right now. I don't know what her schedule is like but I did try to send her a text message. Not sure when she is back in town though.

January and February are pretty open for me, so any day looks good. If given enough time, I can arrange a bigger boat and help ferry some people out. If not, I'll bring my little boat.

I normally dive with my regulars on Saturdays, so a Sunday dive would work a little better for me.

Back
Top Bottom