Jan 2010 Winter Storm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice Pictures..... If you are a surfer, and not an Instructor hoping to do a class this weekend...Sigh.....:shocked2::shakehead::shakehead:

I abandoned any thought of going to Monterey this weekend Jim. Looks like Lake Natomas for me instead.

I abandoned any thought of going to Monterey this weekend Jim. Looks like Lake Natomas for me instead.

It can still get better you know, look at the pictures of the last few days, everywhere else is blown out and Breakwater is a lake Ron...

I will call Glen On Thursday and then On Friday Morning, If they say it is Divable, I will go, Natomas and Folsom are Nothing but a lousy experience for the students!

I am just P-OFF, I will go if there is a chance, I will not take my students to a crappy location like Natomas or Folsom, If I have to , I will reschedule

It can still get better you know, look at the pictures of the last few days, everywhere else is blown out and Breakwater is a lake Ron...

I will call Glen On Thursday and then On Friday Morning, If they say it is Divable, I will go, Natomas and Folsom are Nothing but a lousy experience for the students!

I am just P-OFF, I will go if there is a chance, I will not take my students to a crappy location like Natomas or Folsom, If I have to , I will reschedule
I know but it takes planning, and I won't go 3 hours to BW for a chance it may be diveable. Besides the students chose the lake class because its local and they don't have to drive, get a room etc.
It would suck for all to tell them sorry to make you drive all this way and get a room for the weekend, but we can't dive so go enjoy the aquarium and well reschedule for late Feb.

This is what I see for Sat, good luck Jim

\Sat...N winds 5 to 10 kt...becoming W in the evening. Wind waves less than 2 ft. W swell 8 to 12 ft. A chance of rain.

\Sat...N winds 5 to 10 kt...becoming W in the evening. Wind waves less than 2 ft. W swell 8 to 12 ft. A chance of rain.

Uh:

SAT
NE WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. WIND WAVES 3 FT...BECOMING 2 FT OR
LESS. W SWELL 17 TO 19 FT. CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

That sounds to me like a great day for Mavericks.

Uh:

SAT
NE WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. WIND WAVES 3 FT...BECOMING 2 FT OR
LESS. W SWELL 17 TO 19 FT. CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

That sounds to me like a great day for Mavericks.
Agreed. I used the bay forecast since we were talking about BW

My camera sucks compared to you photog's, but here are some pictures of Lovers from today 1-19-10 at 10:50 a.m.

Attachments

• DSCF3722.jpg
    DSCF3722.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCF3724.jpg
    DSCF3724.jpg
    369.2 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCF3721.jpg
    DSCF3721.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 46
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back