Jan 2010 Winter Storm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like low or possibly slack tide when this was taken. I wouldn't count on it being this calm on exit.

The rip current was also quite strong in the surf zone on the wall-side on Saturday, and I can't imagine it's getting better right now. I saw some students who were definitely struggling getting in and out.

The rip current was also quite strong in the surf zone on the wall-side on Saturday, and I can't imagine it's getting better right now. I saw some students who were definitely struggling getting in and out.

We had no trouble in doubs on Sat & Sun if you timed the swell, but I did see some OW students struggling.

Well, It **looks** Like I will have to reset my class for another date, But I will still check with Glens on Thursday Just in case things change!:depressed:

We had no trouble in doubs on Sat & Sun if you timed the swell, but I did see some OW students struggling.

I think I would much rather be diving last Sat/Sun than this Mon/Tues :D

Looks like low or possibly slack tide when this was taken. I wouldn't count on it being this calm on exit.

Yeah, I took that one at around 4pm so it was almost low tide. I got other pics showing the waves breaking. It probably would have been divable but wouldn't have been a enjoyable dive. I'm sure the surge would have made it unfun amongst other things.

My camera sucks compared to you photog's, but here are some pictures of Lovers from today 1-19-10 at 10:50 a.m.

They aren't bad at all!

Looks like it hasn't let up today. Is that another crazy surfer attempting to catch some waves?

They aren't bad at all!

Looks like it hasn't let up today. Is that another crazy surfer attempting to catch some waves?

See, if I had a good camera, you could clearly tell that, yes, that is another crazy surfer attempting to catch some waves...

See, if I had a good camera, you could clearly tell that, yes, that is another crazy surfer attempting to catch some waves...

Its the waves - they're just too big!

Back
Top Bottom