Jan 2010 Winter Storm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ben_ca

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Kathy D and I went for a dive at the Breakwater. There was a lot of rumbling about the coming storm but all we saw was a little rain and wind. By our second dive the parking lot had emptied out and we had the Breakwater to ourselves.

P1170158.JPG

P1170159.JPG

P1170160.JPG

So that was today... But as for tomorrow's conditions I am at a loss of words...

17_Jan_Capture.JPG

Wow

Last edited:
Hey Ben,

How 'bout a Tues night dive!!

Just kidding :wink:

Thanks for a great day!

Be sure to get out there to show more photos of when it all hits. I wanna see some action!

- Janna

:rofl3: I'm nowhere near those monster waves in Monterey - I'm cozy in my house back in the city.

:rofl3: I'm nowhere near those monster waves in Monterey - I'm cozy in my house back in the city.

Ditto for me, though the storm has already affected me by delaying all flights back into SFO. Hope it burns itself out quickly after giving us some much-needed rain.

I went diving at Breakwater this morning (Monday). We did 1 dive at around 7:20 am, about 35 minute dive, saw 2 fish, 1 otter, 0 nudi's and 1 sea lion. Visibility, 3-5 ft., wasn't worth doing a second dive and returned to shore with 2000 psi. Did get to see the anchor that was raised, I'm totally surprised I never knew it was there.
Oh well, at least I got wet before the big storm.
Oh, drive home was pretty hairy, but a bit disappointed it wasn't raining hard enough in san jose to clean my gear.

I went diving at Breakwater this morning (Monday). We did 1 dive at around 7:20 am, about 35 minute dive, saw 2 fish, 1 otter, 0 nudi's and 1 sea lion. Visibility, 3-5 ft., wasn't worth doing a second dive and returned to shore with 2000 psi. Did get to see the anchor that was raised, I'm totally surprised I never knew it was there.
Oh well, at least I got wet before the big storm.
Oh, drive home was pretty hairy, but a bit disappointed it wasn't raining hard enough in san jose to clean my gear.

Way to milk the last seconds of great weather! Kristina you are a trooper! Glad weather didn't deteriorate while you were down-under!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom