IX3M Ratio Computer vs Petrel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Landlocked123

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am considering a jump to the IX3M from the petrel. Anyone have any experience with the IX3M? thoughts? I cant seem to find the specs on the size of the screen. It seems like a larger display and unit over all vs the Petrel and more along the lines of the old Predator. Does anyone know if in fact it has a larger display/size?

F8FEDD27-1463-47B6-98CA-F32ADB012E63.png
Email them through their website they respond quickly they answered all my questions. I looked at both and in the end got the petrel the Ratio computers have tons of features that I don’t think I would ever use and wasn’t willing to pay the price. I recently dove with a guy in Belize who was using one and it seemed bulky compared to my petrel.

I have been using it for several months now. Great display and features. No issues for me. The new firmware update is awesome, it added a lot of features for sidemount, multi-transmitter functions, etc.

I dive the Ratio IX3M Tech+ GPS. Love the size of it. Shearwater is the industry standard however, I wanted a bigger screen and found the Ratio to be upgradable. Sure it has a lot of apps on it. I don't have to use them, But I can. I love the transmitter too. It blinks colors allowing everyone to know my Bar/PSI. I have been speaking with Andrea at Ratio. She has guided me through their product after I knew what questions to ask after reading the manual. The manual is online only. You download it, saves trees is what they're going for.
It's a great computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom