I've MISSED you guys!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, if this family is dysfunctional, I'll fit right in!

So I was just checking on conditions, and here's what it says on Wavecast:

"In SoCal, most west facing breaks are seeing chest to head high sets. South facing breaks are mostly waist to chest from the wrap with some chest high southern hemi set waves from time to time. Click here for current wave heights."

Date and Time: 5/1/2008 5:33 AM

Swell Summary:
SSW: 1.6 feet from 211 degrees at 13 seconds
WNW: 7.6 feet from 307 degrees at 9 seconds

Max Wave Heights (face height in feet)
Surf Spot: Malibu
WNW Waves: 1.7 feet
SSW Waves: 1.9 feet

And on WetSand:

SanDiegohf1.gif

I *think* it looks good! At least, according to the picture it is - I'm not sure about that WNW 7.6 ft swell. But then I've never really understood the difference between swell height and max wave height. Can anyone enlighten me?

Anyway, I'll see y'all tomorrow morning! Be there or be square!

swell height is how high the swells are and max wave height is how high the waves are when breaking on shore. and 9 and 13 sec intrevals of swell aint bad either that means that the waves wont be one after another and that we will have a chance to get in with out getting hit wave after wave. I think it looks good i usualy dont go by forcasts there have been many times when a dive has been called by just lookin at the weather forcast on the net and then you drive down to the beach and go damn i wish i would have gone :) 2ft waves aint that big i dont think? See you at 8:45

:dork2: I would like to interject :dork2:

There is absolutely nothing Disfuntional with picking on Erika.

:mooner: . :mooner: . :mooner: . :mooner: . :mooner: . :mooner: . :mooner: . :mooner: . :mooner: . :mooner: . :mooner: . :mooner: . :mooner: . :mooner:

thanks ren. that is true after all its my fault i put up with all the c**p ya guys give me, but thats only because i know its all in good fun.

swell height is how high the swells are and max wave height is how high the waves are when breaking on shore. and 9 and 13 sec intrevals of swell aint bad either that means that the waves wont be one after another and that we will have a chance to get in with out getting hit wave after wave. I think it looks good i usualy dont go by forcasts there have been many times when a dive has been called by just lookin at the weather forcast on the net and then you drive down to the beach and go damn i wish i would have gone :) 2ft waves aint that big i dont think? See you at 8:45

8:45? You slacker!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey I need my beauty sleep! :blinking:

I second that! I need mine. even though ill prob. be up at 7 but still that means i have an an hour and 15 min. to get ready :)

Is anyone else coming at 7:30? Or should I wait until 8:45? I am new to this. How do you guys usually do this?:D

Rick

Is anyone else coming at 7:30? Or should I wait until 8:45? I am new to this. How do you guys usually do this?:D

Rick

I'm not speaking for him but i belive jamie said he was going to show up at 7:30 might want to pm him and see. Hes the only other one i know that is going to show up early besides tom

Okay, so that was a blow-out. I knew the moment I hit PCH that I wasn't getting wet today. The spray coming up from the ocean was like a thick fog! My hat's off to you guys who actually tried to get in. When I saw the size of those monsters...sheesh, you couldn't pay me enough to try to get in there. I'd have been pounded to dust.

Anyway, thanks for coming out...and I'll see some of you tomorrow! Woohoo!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom