I've Decided - MK25 EVO/S620 TI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sadly in the US they rip us off on Scubapro regs. Back when Leisure Pro was selling grey market regs here it seemed to help keep the used market down some too. Since Leisure Pro is now a dealer and selling for list price the used market has seemed to go up some too. I have a good many mk25 / S600 / G250'S that I picked up used years ago for $150 or so. Those deals are few and far between now.

Thanks for the info! Yeah my budget will break it I do much more than the SP reg new. Everything else is just to be ready for some late July dives.

Later I can upgrade the octo and spg. Just need what will get me functionality for July. And possibly doing the new SP reg. It sure is nice.

I have a Mk 25 EVO + 2 x S620Ti (primary and octo) setup that I use for single tank. I also have 2 x Mk 25 EVO + 2 x G260 that I use for diving doubles.

I think the G260 breathes just a little more nicely than the S620Ti.

I recently swapped 2 of the 2nds and loaned my single tank regs to a friend, so it was Mk 25 EVO + S620Ti + G260. She used the setup for a week of diving and compared the two 2nd stages. She told me that, in her opinion, she thought the G260 breathed a little more nicely than the S620Ti.

With the G260 also being less expensive, I would go with that over the S620Ti. In fact, I am - I'm ordering another Mk25EVO + 2 x G260, so I can have a dedicated setup for BM doubles and a dedicated set for side mount. My S620Ti's will be strictly for back mount single tank use.

SP makes good regs but the price is too high to be a good value at retail. deep 6, hog, and dive rite will get you more value for money. i would look for a used mk17 or mk20/25 and a pair of g250s as suggested if you really want to go with scubapro.

FWIW I have the Mk25EVO + S620Ti. I am very happy with it. I like the way it breathes, the size and weight. The price difference with G260 is about $60. I like the form factor of the S620Ti better. YMMV.

Last edited:
The Mk25EVO/S620Ti is a nice reg. A decent alternate second stage is the C370 or the C350. Both are decent breathers and will work well with the Mk25EVO.

Amazing high-end regs. I have 2 of those and use them for both cold+deep and cave diving.

They are breathing great, and are light and small.

I find the weight/size of my S600s superior to the G260s. The Ti is a little lighter. I've not breathed them side by side like @stuartv has done.

Yes, the S620Ti is definitely smaller and lighter than the G260. I don't notice the difference at all, in the water. But, the 620s do pack smaller.

Also, I forgot to mention this. To me, the G260 breathes much more quietly in the water than the S620Ti, for some reason.

Well, thanks everyone! I pulled the trigger on the s620 Ti. I'm looking at it from the comfort of my sofa. Had to go budget SP for the spg and octo.

I'll be testing it in the pool on Saturday. :)

Back
Top Bottom