I've Decided - MK25 EVO/S620 TI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So i have decided on a MK25 EVO/S620 TI. What would likely be my cost with bargain octo and gauge in the U.S.?

Any reason I shouldn't get it? I can't think of any reason not to. Use would be recreational diving California coast primarily.

Last edited:
Good reg set but no clue what it would cost. Personally I stopped buying new sp regs years ago when my buddy stopped working at s shop and got me huge discounts. I personally would not buy new. For $150 or less initial investment you can go on ebay and get s nice mk10/g250 set (g250, not g250hp or graphite). Then for another $40 -75 depending on where you live get it serviced. Also find an octo (you can find a second g250 on ebay). All in all with new hoses, spg, and whatnot you're out $300 max but probably much less. The wob as well as general build quality and craftsmanship of those old mk10/g250s will rival any new reg.

Thanks I'll check it out! Yeah I have "nerves" for buyers remorse. Kind of like the looks and quality of these SP regs but I want to be cautious and get feedback.

Is that where they are manufactured? Why the price differential?

Those are awesome regs so I wouldn't have remorse because they can last you a lifetime. It really depends on if you absolutely want brand new and how much you're looking to spend. I checked on ebay briefly, and the stock is pretty low right now and prices are slightly higher than they were two months ago. Likely supply and demand. It's summer and people want to dive. If you're not in a rush then you can do very well on ebay.

Here's a link to a guy who sells tons of sp regs. I bought 6 g250s with mk10s from him for I believe around $450. They were 7's on his scale but were still in better shape than all of the regs I own. I don't care about the looks because mine get beat to hell and left behind as a stage reg in a cave for a couple days at a time. This g250 is slightly higher because it's in imacculate condition and it's summertime. This guy knows his sp regs and everything I've bought from him has been in better quality than he has said.

Scubapro G-250 Primary "UPGRADED" B & A 10 Mechanically 9.99999 Cosmetically!! | eBay

I forgt to mention there are other sp regs that you can get much cheaper as well. There are tons of mk25/g250v's that are new in box on ebay and in the same shape as any reg set you'll buy at a shop. It's considered a dead model now that the g260 is out. It will be able to be serviced as long as you own it. SP doesn't make it to where they're really old regs can't be serviced. I personally love my G250v's and those are the majority of my primary regs. I started getting mk10/g250s for deco regs and stage regs and found them just as good as my G250Vs and much cheaper. The G250V's can also be found at shops that have old stock left. That's how I got all of mine. My buddy worked at a sp shop and when a reg was discontinued he'd give me an enormous discount to get them out of the shop. If you have a large sp shop by you they may do something similar.

Hi @Blueringocto_73

MK25 EVO/S620 Ti is a perfectly good regulator, its expensive, looks like it costs $819. I would pass on getting a bargain octo and get another good 2nd, I dive two S600s. By gauge, I assume you mean a SPG rather than a console.

Your regulators will last a long time, get something you will be happy with.

upload_2018-6-26_8-57-27.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom