It's your Thursday 4/24 weight cheerleader again!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iSIX days without chocolate

Another six and you may not even want it anymore! Well, realistically, it will take more than 6 days - but on my splurge days I find that there's not really that much that interests me enough to be worth the extra calories.

I am getting on the scale today for the first time in ages and I'll go from there :)

Good Luck! That first step is the toughest. The last two times I lost weight (the only two times I've let it get really bad) I waited until I was sure I had lost some weight. It didn't hurt quite as much to step on teh scale - but I also don't really know how bad it really was. I know I lost at least 65 lbs 10 years ago (probably a few lbs more), and I know I've lost at least 46 now (again, probably a few pounds more). I think I'm happier not knowing exactly where I started.

OK, got on...bout the same as last time (my scale is wonky, too LOL) so at least things have kept an even keel despite not treating myself well. My real concern isn't the number on the scale but my middle - when I'm unfit it's not pretty LOL

My real concern isn't the number on the scale but my middle - when I'm unfit it's not pretty LOL

Not healthy either - and it's really hard to beat back the extra belly pounds. My problem is hips and thighs - just as "not pretty" but not as hard on the health, so I consider myself fortunate. My spouse has the family's potato on toothpicks figure - but has been making slow progress. Good Luck - it's worth it.

.... but my middle - ....

despite being up on the scales i was this time last year... at my weighin on monday (with measurements) my waist was quite smaller than the rest of me.. which is a good thing i know but when i compare it to 2yrs ago and a similar weight my waist wasnt as small

i was wondering if it had something to do with all those situps and crunches and planks i have to do now

I'd guess that and the aerobic activity. The core work will make your stronger and build nice muscles and that will bring the inches down - I've dug out my pilates dvd, now to lock the puppy out in the backyard so I can do it.

The aerobic helps get rid of the outer layers I think LOL

Can I play too?

Down 17 pounds since end of Jan. 10# of that since the start of Lent. Now frozen on a weight for the last 3 days. Of course the fact that I've had a beer each of those days probably has something to do with that.

I'm able to take up my belt almost two notches.

My goal originally was to get down another 8# from where I am now. I've amended that to: "Whatever weight where I don't have a gut". Guessing that means I have another 10-15# to go.

It took me years to get here so I don't think that taking 6 months or so to rectify the mistake is unreasonable.

No special diet. Just returned my lifestyle to what it used to be before I lost my mind.

Can I play too?

Down 17 pounds since end of Jan. 10# of that since the start of Lent.

Welcome - and Way to go!

No special diet. Just returned my lifestyle to what it used to be before I lost my mind.

That's the best way to make sure it's permanent. If it's a special diet, you're expecting it to end sometime and go back to eating "normally." I find that whatever I do to lose weight has to be something I can keep doing once it's gone.

planks and pilates- these are two things I don't get. I tried pilates and never really "got it" and I do the planks when they're part of whatever DVD I'm doing- but I still don't get it. And the core stuff. I think I'm just old fashioned or something.

im here im here.... and IM FOCUSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

started a 8week fat chick focus thing with my trainer.. weekly weighins (monday 6am) :shocked:

im doing the best i can... SIX days without chocolate

Six days without chocolate. Wow I'm impressed with that. My evil boss here keeps putting out the goodies she picks up at the Hershey Factory!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom