It's your Thursday 4/24 weight cheerleader again!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've done planks- I just don't get it. So- pilates is yoga... planks are something else? I think I just need a treadmill. Life is simpler that way!

my boss goes to the gym each night and does the treadmill...... and he is getting smashed at our group training sessions every tuesday as walking a treadmill just isnt giving him the cardio for these sessions

The Plank Pose is part of yoga. There are many different types of yoga but a lot of the poses overlap.

I find yoga really good for improving my balance, strength, flexibility and peace...and the last one, in turn, improves me overall. I can really feel it for hours and sometimes even days after a good session. I also like that even only doing a single pose will help me really know what's going on in my body - it makes you really aware. For me, this helps ward off more headaches and back pain, so it's a huge benefit. And I love the long, lean muscles it builds - I'm not keen on bulk, I like sleek!

I have a Yoga Pose a Day box of cards I picked up somewhere...it's really nifty and when I'm taking care of myself and only have a few minutes or just need to *do* something, I grab one of those.

Treadmills are great - I love mine and will probably start using it in the next few months as winter sets in for real! But they serve a different purpose to yoga for me.

Almity - sounds like your boss needs to switch it up on the treadmill! Sounds like he's getting into a rut and not pushing at all :wink:

.....Almity - sounds like your boss needs to switch it up on the treadmill! Sounds like he's getting into a rut and not pushing at all :wink:

i was telling the trainer that my boss thought the jumping thru hoops (instead of tyres) and skipping rope ect wasnt "adult enough" (my bosses words) and he didnt feel like he had done a good workout on tuesday (we had cardio)

trainer responded that was because my boss hardly moved all session (which is true)

thankfully we have 9 very enthusiastic peoople in the group plus him so hopefully us 9 will convince the GM that we should continue the training after our 10 weeks :wink:

my office has lousy moral... they paid a fortune for a consultancy to do a staff survey. 1 to 10, with 1 being bad and 10 brilliant, across the board we were 1s and 2s for EVERYTHING

management was shocked, so they now trying to change attitudes, me telling them non stop last year didnt get thru, a 80% staff turnover per year for 4yrs didnt get thru either.

so ive found they will sponsor almost anything to give it a go now and try to improve things.

they sponsoring flu shots (not that im gonig to do it-i prefer to get sick and let the body heal itself) :D we also going green - planting trees, buying our clothing from smaller manufacturers that ensure decent wages are paid, stuff like that

as far as the trainer - im going to start sounding out the GM for 10weeks training per quarter, i even have staff saying they will be happy to pay for half if they have to so its going really well

im a bit disappointed about my boss (not the GM) negativity, but guessing thats more to do with ego

feeling inspired... im actually thinking i might go for another walk this afternoon!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom