It's your Thursday 4/24 weight cheerleader again!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I'm down 2 lbs from last week. TG that sneaky extra .5 that crept up there is gone. Good to have you back Almitywife. Missed you. And I know that all those bootcamp exercises you do helps tone and make you fitter, thus the lower inches but same weight.

planks and pilates- these are two things I don't get. I tried pilates and never really "got it" and I do the planks when they're part of whatever DVD I'm doing- but I still don't get it. And the core stuff. I think I'm just old fashioned or something.

I love yoga. I can get back into it after a long absence and in only a few sessions I can already feel the relief in my back, neck and shoulders. Don't give up on yoga - try something new or a different type, imho. I like the Windsor Pilates DVD - it's literally the only thing I've bought off home shopping in the last ten years :D

Even when I'm not doing anything else, before a plane trip I will always try to do yoga; maybe only a couple of poses, but it seems the times I do, my flights are much more comfortable and I arrive in much better shape.

The "core" is just the middle of your body. It's responsible for keeping up upright, letting us walk properly, helping our necks and shoulders release tension and for giving us a nice middle section :wink: Not taking care of this issue is my single biggest stupid choice...I feel so much better on about 100 different levels when I just do even the minimum amount!

OK, you've shamed me into it - outside the dogs go so I can do a session today!

Are planks a yoga thing then? I just know that on two of the DVDs I do, they talk about planks- and you do kind of an intro to planks. I don't know. Maybe they just stand out too much from the rest of the DVD. Or is that just pilates?

alcina:
OK, you've shamed me into it - outside the dogs go so I can do a session today!

WE WANT PICTURES!

one of my exercise goals in the next 8 weeks is to do a full plank... i currently do the modified version where im on my knees

Back
Top Bottom