It's Torture, I tell ya...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CheddarChick:
Hey Trucker babe!! As I kibbitzed about on another thread, when will the industry realize not all of us babes are pencil sized...The bag trick does work. just don't forget not to put them on too far up your arms... I'll show you pictures of how funny it looks to not be able to pull the bags out of the wetsuit...

Now this I gotta see!

ItsBruce:
Not to be a spoil-sport, but I get a kick out of watching people do the "wetsuit dance." If someone is sufficiently amusing putting it on, I video them taking it off.

You are evil and you must be destroyed!

Wildcard... what baby shampoo? How do you use it for masks- does it defog?

Thanks all for the input and humor!

Oh No! Please not another guy in pantyhose pic......

trucker girl:
You are evil and you must be destroyed!

Wildcard... what baby shampoo? How do you use it for masks- does it defog?

Thanks all for the input and humor!
A few drops of baby shampoo in a squirt or spary bottle works great as defog. If you se a defog bottle on a dive boat, gues whats in it?

Wildcard:
A few drops of baby shampoo in a squirt or spary bottle works great as defog. If you se a defog bottle on a dive boat, gues whats in it?

Oh, see- that's where the obvious begins to not be so obvious... since I'm a trucker, if I see a bottle ANYWHERE, I think it's a pee bottle.

Thus, I would NOT be spraying it in my mask :D

^^Ewwwww!! ^^

My husband is a truck driver... thank God he's local and home every day! Although, some days I'd love to cast him away for a week or three! LOL (Nah... I love him, he's a good guy, and a great dive buddy!)

I've never tried the bag trick or the shampoo or conditioner trick. I'll have to remember that. I still say that a Lycra skin is the best.... and if you ever go to the Carribean or other warm water tropics, you have a nice, thin, full body suit to dive in... no need for a heavy suit there!

I did go on a trip to Cozumel and I wore a full 3 mil on every dive. We did two dives each morning and at the end of the second dive each day I was a little cold. Did I mention that I'm a wimp? No "just skins" for me no matter HOW warm the water is!

Back in the dark ages before nylon lined suits panty hose assisted donning was the norm. It was that or take a bath in talc before doning the suit. The talc paste that resulted was worse than the hose.

I've just been doing this diving thing though a couple of gear design cycles.

OTOH I think thigh highs would work almost as well.
FT

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom