It's time to plan for Fall Meet & Greet: Oct 24-26, 2008 at Gilboa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

but the Pumpkin carvin' is Sunday... at Whitestar... . an there's no way I'm gonna hack at my pumpkin with my blunt-tipped dive knife...

YOu have to use your dive knife not a regular knife those are the rules.

I didn't realize that you had been appointed to the rules committee? Ber, you may need to have another chat with Mr. Ted about over steppin his boundaries again.

Hey, I never received much of a response in my previous posts but I guess I'll ask one more time... Is anybody up for bringing a pumpkin to carve underwater?

I'm going to bring one so if anybody is up for it i'll have mine!

I will try to grab a pumpkin to bring. Cant promise tho.

I didn't realize that you had been appointed to the rules committee? Ber, you may need to have another chat with Mr. Ted about over steppin his boundaries again.

Since I will be there both night unlike some people not to mention both night in the cold rather than in florida I have the right to over step a tadbit.

Well, according to the last list (#251), I'm bringing ingredients for S'mores (SIR, of course), some Peanut Butter-filled pretzels, and candy bars. I'll put some beverage coolers (y'know, with the little spout at the bottom) in the car, but I couldn't find any apple cider so they'll be empty.

The fins that I bought yesterday to fit my drysuit were supposed to be size "Regular" (the middle size from Mares), but discovered that they were "Small" when I took them out of their bag. The shop opens at Noon, so unless I can get in touch with someone sooner, I'll be arriving closer to 2:30pm than to 10am.

-Rob

Food List

Spartan Diver*- Chocolate Chip Cookies

Divin'Hoosier - Bacon-n-Eggs

Barracuda 2- Kielbasa

GTXL1200- bunkhouse, generator, Coffee Pot

Diver Paula- (can't make it)

cldwdiver- Brats, buns & apples

mrsmitty13- CHEESECAKE
his bubble watchers - pasta salad with my moms special italian style dressing

Nitrox Junkie - Cowboy beans

Jchoby- something of a main dish

Mitten Diver - clever wit and charming personality

BTail - BBQ kraut with meat

*Flyfishcje* - Spiedies (grilled chicken)

Dean810 - Eggs & bacon

Kidsdream - Potatoes- once baked, twice baked, thrice baked!!!!!!!!!

dok407 - low calorie pasta salad and calorie free cookies

Ber Rabbit - Rabbit Food
Ber's DM & his son - Chili

Randy 43068 - steaks, big juicy steaks, king crab legs, cold water lobster tail, Pez and a couple dispensers

rab - S'mores (SIR, of course), PB-filled pretzels, candy bars

Last edited:
Looks Like Ill be there!! I am going shoping to find something yummy to bring!

Scott

Food List

Leko916 - Hot Spiced Apple cider and Tacos, pancakes and other misc food items

Spartan Diver*- Chocolate Chip Cookies

Divin'Hoosier - Bacon-n-Eggs

Barracuda 2- Kielbasa

GTXL1200- bunkhouse, generator, Coffee Pot

Diver Paula- (can't make it)

cldwdiver- Brats, buns & apples

mrsmitty13- CHEESECAKE
his bubble watchers - pasta salad with my moms special italian style dressing

Nitrox Junkie - Cowboy beans

Jchoby- something of a main dish

Mitten Diver - clever wit and charming personality

BTail - BBQ kraut with meat

*Flyfishcje* - Spiedies (grilled chicken)

Dean810 - Eggs & bacon

Kidsdream - Potatoes- once baked, twice baked, thrice baked!!!!!!!!!

dok407 - low calorie pasta salad and calorie free cookies

Ber Rabbit - Rabbit Food
Ber's DM & his son - Chili

Randy 43068 - steaks, big juicy steaks, king crab legs, cold water lobster tail, Pez and a couple dispensers

rab - S'mores (SIR, of course), PB-filled pretzels, candy bars

Since I will be there both night unlike some people not to mention both night in the cold rather than in florida I have the right to over step a tadbit.

Ummmm since Ted is providing me with warm cozy accommodations for two nights I might have moved the boundary line a wee bit :shocked2: :D
Ber :lilbunny:

10:15am - 8:45 pm (ish)...

dives 48... 49... and 50 today

Dive #1 with Divin' Hoosier and Barracuda ... I've dove alot at Whitestar this year and so my max depth has been around 79' (crusher pit) which I've done multiple times and feel very comfortable with it..., I knew this would be my last visit to Gilboa this year and also the last shot at exceeding my own personal max depth... I told Hoosier I'd like to get 100' this first dive if possible an he suggested we follow the road down past the tubes... since I was carrying the least amount of gas we decided to turn the dive when we got to 100' or when I was at 1600 psi (starting with 2400 , steel lp 85)...
off we went and when we hit 100' (my depth guage said 100', my computer said 102') Hoosier turned the dive... I had 1650 psi I was probably about 30 seconds from turnin' it myself... ; anyways... back on the surface with 700psi and now for the REAL fun part... getting out of my wetsuit in the cold and rain... yeah it was a treat (but not quite as much fun as getting back Into it on dives 2 and 3 !)

So anyways I'm carring my tank up for a refill and I'm jazzed about doing something new for the first time, and so when I walk in and get the " How was your dive..." I answered without reservation that I'd had a Great dive to 101'...

then it got real quiet...

"Who were you divin' with?" (uh oh...)

I knew about going over the wall , but wasnt concerned because we DIDNT DO THAT... I truely thought that what we'd done was alright....

apparently not...

So yeah he was pissed I could tell, but Robin (wife?) seemed to be sympathetic to me (which didnt make him any happier)

So I get my air after spending some 30-40 minutes chatting with Mike/Robin (mostly Robin) and head back to the gang to alert them to the possibility of Mike's impending wrath...

so... way to screw up... , but really having to file a "deep dive" plan for anything over 60' seems like nonsensical overkill to me, and I dont see how it addresses those accidents/incidents that happen < 60'.

Got to meet Leiko and the Rabbit on my way out... :)

Cant wait for the Spring one... gonna bring a tent next time i think and hang out a couple days...

had big fun (except for that lil' misunderstanding) an cant wait to dive with more of you :)

oh and Ted no 2X T-shirts? :(

Back
Top Bottom