It's time to plan for Fall Meet & Greet: Oct 24-26, 2008 at Gilboa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a great time meeting new people and seeing the members I met at the fall MnG. also, thanks to LKMIDiver and Dok407 fro 2 great dives!

Also, can I request the recipes for the cowboy Beans and the Vegetable and beef soup? I will post the recipe for our cider just as soon as my girlfriend tells me what all she put in it :)

See everyone in April!

Wow! What a great time I had this weekend. Good food, great spending time with everyone!!

I really, really enjoyed spending time with everyone!! I've got a couple of pictures to post as soon as I get to the camera.

Yet again Ted and John kept us entertained. Those guys are a total gas, I haven't laughed so hard in a really long time.

And now, I'm off to find some patching supplies! :D

Last edited:
I didn't take that many photos but if you'd like to see here's a link to mine (quite a bit are from the road trip too)

Keith Smith's Photos - Gilboa M&G Road Trip | Facebook

OMG!!!!!! That is seriously funny Keith!!! good job. You know John and I are getting up their in years.... we may have to pass the reins off to somebody, some day for the campfire entertainment. You could be in line for the job....

OK I'm finally starting to recover... Wow once again A HUGE success for a Fall meetngreet. We had well over 40 people attend. throughout the weekend. Despite the bad weather on Friday. It did turn out to be nice on Saturday.. We once again had three full picnic tables full of food.

New rule for MNG!!! Not only now it is what happens at mng stays at mng, but what happens at the campsite stays at the campsite. Right???? a certain member of the group..
Rule Number 3a section two(2) DONT EVER BUDDY UP WITH DENNY(barracuda2)Unless you want to be banned from Gilboa for a lifetime :no:.We like to have very little rules and just let things govern themselves, but Every now and again ,you get that Rogue that has to play by his own rules and gives the rest of the group a black eye Right Denny?????:D Maybe it is all of the cold water leaking into that 2000.00 dollar drysuit freezing up his brain.

I actually had fun diving in Gilboa this trip. I got to play buddy to Chris who was doing his check out dives with Ber Rabbit. It gave me a chance to see where some of my skill are getting week.. If you want to know where you need improvement work with someone doing their checkout dives. Not only is it fun, it will give you a chance to practice some of the things you havent done in a long long time.

For those of you who didnt go.. Well once again you missed out on a laugh a minute good time. The spring MNG will be the 24th through the 26th of April mark your Calenders now. Put in Vacation time for Friday and Monday you definatly need Monday off to recover.

Ted, I was reticent to sit beside Denny at the campfire. And did'ja notice WHO Mike beside at the camp fire? Denny! I think he's telling Woz that he's keeping a sharp eye on him from now on.
:)
But then maybe he chose that seat because it was beside the ever so good-looking KT.

As others have already posted, the weather (day and evening) was great on Saturday. I was able to get in a couple of nice dives with a newly found dive buddy - I even did some skills drills - gotta practice deploying that lift bag from depth.

As usually the food and revelry around the campfire was the highlight of my short trip. And the thrice baked potatoes seemed to work out pretty well.

Have a great winter and see you in the spring.

Last edited:
Hey Y'all! What a great time, as usual. Thanks to my dive buddies, and of course that includes those that decided to solo dive and have defective gear... Sorry it didn't work out to dive with the two of you this time, hoping for next time. I had as much fun as usual! The food was awesome and the company was even better! We lucked out on Sat and Sun with the weather; it could have been much worst. It was great seeing everyone again and meeting new people too. I'll post the jalapeno recipe for those of you who like it HOT!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom