It's NHL Playoff Time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yee ha!

looks like the boys finally figured out how to shoot..

too bad i couldn't listen again today...

Good series, bring on Burke and the Ducks..

Mike Veitch:
looks like the boys finally figured out how to shoot..

The last two goals were open-netters, but still...

Best of luck against Anaheim -- you guys may need it.

nah, i mean the fact they got more than 21 shots in this game, not like the last 2.

from the looks of it, Linden playing like its 94 all over again, 2 game winners and leading the team in points..

Nice!

Mike Veitch:
from the looks of it, Linden playing like its 94 all over again, 2 game winners and leading the team in points..

Trevor Linden is an ageless wonder, without doubt.

I'll give my congratulations to Vancouver, but...

The officiating in that game was atrocious, the worst I've seen in a playoff game. Vancouver did outplay us, but the officiating removed any possibility of a comeback for Dallas, I have a problem with that. The league needs to look long and hard at these new rule changes. I have no problem with them trying to open the game up, but we need to augment and clarify a few rules. Note my opinion here has nothing to do with the game last night, I think Hockey has been less entertaining due to all these penalties vs the old rules.

1. Hooking is defined in the rules as the following:

Hooking is the act of using the stick in a manner that enables a player to restrain an opponent.

(NOTE) When a player is checking another in such a way that there is only stick-to-stick contact, such action is not to be penalized as hooking.

I'd like to see the restrain part start being called, not this crap where they waive their stick up around their waist, give them a little love tap, and then get called for hooking.

2. Holding is defined in the rules as the following:

A minor penalty shall be imposed on a player who holds an opponent by using his hands, arms or legs.

(NOTE) A player is permitted to use his arm in a strength move, by blocking his opponent, provided he has body position and is not using his hands in a holding manner, when doing so.

Pay special attention to the NOTE given in the rule. They've completely thrown this out since "the new rule change". I see people using their arms to get position on people and getting called for this all the time. If you can manage to do this and keep your hands on your stick, it isn't holding.

3. Diving is another penalty the league has 3 pages of text to describe. They need to start calling it. I am so sick and tired of seeing a player feel a tap on their skate and then you see this huge drama production where they fall down to the ice. Not only would I like to see diving be called more often, I'd like to see it be made into a double minor at a minimum. I'd be thrilled if they would make diving a game misconduct, but that won't happen. I also don't care for when they call both tripping and diving. If they dove, the person who did the tripping should get a free ride. We have to get this out of the game.

for the second round...
buffalo will beat rangers and ottawa will beat NJ, and buffalo will eventually get to finals; on the west, detroit will advance past SJ as well as Van.

OK, IMO, this is how I see the remainder of the playoffs:

EAST
Buffalo over NY Rangers
Ottawa over New Jersey
Buffalo over Ottawa
WEST
Detroit over San Jose
Anaheim over Vancouver
Detroit over Anaheim

STANLEY CUP FINALS
Detroit over Buffalo

ScubaTexan:
STANLEY CUP FINALS
Detroit over Buffalo

true words

just a side note -
435 people claimed to be hockey fans (recent thread), but only 89 are into playoff forum.
hmmm, maybe former ones are all Philadelphia's fans :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom