It's enough to make you cry...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1RUSTYRIG:
There have been plenty of studies done to show that the ice sheets are still expanding, global temperatures are no warmer now than 100 years ago, and so on and so forth.

dude, wake up. open your eyes.

and links to those studies would be nice

H2Andy:
dude, wake up. open your eyes.

and links to those studies would be nice

I would start you off with www.junkscience.com, but you would probably dismiss that is partisan.

I like how, since I disagree, your response is for me to wake up. Truly Andy, you are the king of debate.

1RUSTYRIG:
I like how, since I disagree, your response is for me to wake up. Truly Andy, you are the king of debate.

well, you believe there's no global warming

given the overwhelming evideince that global warming is in fact
in full swing, my only response is you must be dreaming,
hence "wake up"

this is not a debate, btw... this is you refusing to accept facts

1RUSTYRIG:
I would start you off with www.junkscience.com, but you would probably dismiss that is partisan.

you could say that...

with articles such as

"The Eco-Jackboot on Our Energy Throat" and

"Corporate Capitulators: Concerned about CEOs appeasing social activists?"

i would say that's a fair assumption.

1RUSTYRIG:
And 30 years ago they said that global cooling was going to wreak havoc on the earth. Your statement of "Global warming is, indeed, fact" is disputed by as many scientists as it is supported; so no, it is not "fact".

This reminds me of something that appears on page 41 of the April 3 issue of Time magazine. In reporting recent poll results, they noted that the public is misinformed on this topic. "Most people aren't aware of the broad scientific consensus on warming." I guess you would be considered among the majoirty that does not realize that there is "a broad scientific consensus on warming."

Are you aware of the fact that the Bush administration has edited the reports from its own scientific groups (like NASA) to remove language that talks about this, even inserting language that implies a controversy when the original language said there was none?

H2Andy:
well, you believe there's no global warming

given the overwhelming evideince that global warming is in fact
in full swing, my only response is you must be dreaming,
hence "wake up"

this is not a debate, btw... this is you refusing to accept facts

Ahhh...the elitist attitude of the envionmentalist.

You scorn anyone not sharing your opinion and dismiss them as being ignorant.

Facts? Give me a break. There is a lot of "hype" but not a lot of fact. Look at the global climate records for the last hundred years and you see that there has been little change save where we have built cities (concrete increases the overnight lows through heat retention) and outlying areas have seen a temperature DECLINE.

Oh, and this should probably be moved now to a more appropriate forum

1RUSTYRIG:
Ahhh...the elitist attitude of the envionmentalist.

You scorn anyone not sharing your opinion and dismiss them as being ignorant.

lol

well... if you are willing to say "there's no global warming" with a straight
face i'll try really hard not to laugh

but i suspect you know better, and are simply trying to either get the
thread closed or moved out of sight.

Message to all IT IS A FACT THAT GLOBAL WARMING HAS BEEN OCCURING FOR AT THE VERY LEAST THE LAST 20 THOUSAND YEARS...embrace this simple fact and understand you can not control it. It is occuring and will all the way up to the beginning of the next ice age (major or mini) ...If we are significantly contributing to GW then we are only hastening the return of the next ice age...When the North Atlantic Conveyor stops it track to North Sea and there is evidence that it is moving south then the earth will slip into its next ice age.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom