Italy, restaurant fined

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swankenstein:
I think by law in Canada (not sure about Japan), any fish used in sashimi has to be frozen first for heath reasons.

I've never understood that. It's the exact treatment which British beef was given...and look how that turned out. Freezing won't do a damned thing!

My Dad always used to put crabs in fresh water to kill them and clean out their systems of grit and stuff.

DrSteve:
I've never understood that. It's the exact treatment which British beef was given...and look how that turned out. Freezing won't do a damned thing!
Freezing raw fish kills the specific parasites that might be in it. Why were they freezing beef, to see if it took care of mad cow or something? Not the same thing.

DrSteve:

Mad Cow isn't caused by a virus or bacteria or parasite. It is caused by a protein string. Since the cause of the disease is not a microorganism, freezing or cooking would not solve the problem. It is a bit different when dealing with more conventional pathogens in meat.

Back
Top Bottom