ISO a Molokini / Kahoolawe 50 cal bullet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Russ. Just the bullet itself... they used to practice firing at the islands and there's a ton of them on the seafloor that are usually discolored a teal blue from being underwater. That's what I'm looking for, but great idea.
I know this is a super old post. But I was curious if you ever did get a bullet sent to you. But I was really interested in finding out where in the crater did you find the projectile. I dive off floridas west coast and find them, but it would seem they are there is you know what to look for.

Dan’s quote
“They are not common to find because people don't know they are there. I work at a scuba shop in Hawaii and that's how I knew they are there. ”

Hey Bearded. Yes, someone on here was kind enough to send me one that they’d found. I’d thank and credit them publicly here, but I’m not sure if they want more people asking for them lol. But coincidentally I found another one when I was diving off Venice looking for meg teeth recently. If memory serves me right, I found the one off molokini in the sand roughly where I’ve circled here.

Attachments

• IMG_7795.jpeg
    IMG_7795.jpeg
    148.1 KB · Views: 33
Hey Bearded. Yes, someone on here was kind enough to send me one that they’d found. I’d thank and credit them publicly here, but I’m not sure if they want more people asking for them lol. But coincidentally I found another one when I was diving off Venice looking for meg teeth recently. If memory serves me right, I found the one off molokini in the sand roughly where I’ve circled here.
Thank you. Glad you were able to acquire one. I’m sure your son was over the moon. Hope you found some Megs as well in Venice. 🍻

Back
Top Bottom