ISO a Molokini / Kahoolawe 50 cal bullet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Knockneed Man

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
On my last trip over I found a 50 caliber bullet while diving the crater. I gave it to my 6 year old son as a souvenir to bring home from our trip, and he thought it was the coolest thing ever. Unfortunately, six months later he decided to take it to show his friends and lost it... he's pretty devastated and isn't forgetting about it. Even though it wouldn't have quite the same emotional attachment as the actual one I found, I'm trying to find a replacement. I've checked ebay and google'd around to no avail. I know these are fairly common, so I'm hoping to come across someone, or a dive shop, that might have one they'd part with (sell). Any help is appreciated. Mahalo!

Go to a local gun show, You will find tons of them.

You can also try a local gun shop or Gunbroker.com

Are you looking for just the bullet, or the whole round?

Russ

Thanks Russ. Just the bullet itself... they used to practice firing at the islands and there's a ton of them on the seafloor that are usually discolored a teal blue from being underwater. That's what I'm looking for, but great idea.

Megaladon Charters in Venice FL runs tours and the guys at the shop sell some of the stuff
they find. I know they find many .50 cal bullets. Call them and you may find some salt water
seasoned bullets. Good Luck

Knockneed I have some from Molokini Crater. It's amazing that these bullets are over 70 years old. Let me know if you're still interested. They are not common to find because people don't know they are there. I work at a scuba shop in Hawaii and that's how I knew they are there.

On my last trip over I found a 50 caliber bullet while diving the crater. I gave it to my 6 year old son as a souvenir to bring home from our trip, and he thought it was the coolest thing ever. Unfortunately, six months later he decided to take it to show his friends and lost it... he's pretty devastated and isn't forgetting about it. Even though it wouldn't have quite the same emotional attachment as the actual one I found, I'm trying to find a replacement. I've checked ebay and google'd around to no avail. I know these are fairly common, so I'm hoping to come across someone, or a dive shop, that might have one they'd part with (sell). Any help is appreciated. Mahalo!

Attachments

• 20170119_103748.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 135
Knockneed I have some from Molokini Crater. It's amazing that these bullets are over 70 years old. Let me know if you're still interested. They are not common to find because people don't know they are there. I work at a scuba shop in Hawaii and that's how I knew they are there.

Sweet! I'll send you a pm. Thank you in advance.

That so cool to know. I'm going to have to pay more attention the next time I go out there. Is there an area that you seem to see more or are they just scattered randomly around the bottom? I assume they are found on the crater side up aginst the shore line.

I'm still on the hunt for one of these if anyone has any. Thanks!
Knockneed, Big apologies i havent logged in to this website in a long time. I wish there was contact information on here so people can contact you direct instead of the blog. Either way, I shot you an email.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom