Is this a good deal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wouldn't take it unless it was free.

Foam neoprene drysuits (of which this is one) are ridiculously bouyant, lose insulation with increasing depth, and are very prone to developing seeping problems (large area leaks that are hard to localize and harder to fix).

Think about why the price is so low.

Brand new that suit goes for ~1200. It will require a lot of lead to sink (it's neoprene)

My suit is a neoprene suit, and I got it on SB with a bag and undergarments for ~400.

Thanks for the input... thats why I was asking here cause I'm still new to diving. I'm going to be diving in the great lakes a lot this summer and am debating bettween a dry suit or a 2 pice 7mm. Some people say dry but I dont know anything about them as I've never used them before. So I'm assuming I'd be better off then with a GOOD 2piece 7mm for the same price.

Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks for the input... thats why I was asking here cause I'm still new to diving. I'm going to be diving in the great lakes a lot this summer and am debating bettween a dry suit or a 2 pice 7mm. Some people say dry but I dont know anything about them as I've never used them before. So I'm assuming I'd be better off then with a GOOD 2piece 7mm for the same price.

Thanks for the feedback!

No

You want a good drysuit, this just isn't it.

Try hitting one of DUIs DOG days to test dive some different types of suit.

schedule here: DUI DOG Rally and Demo Day Tour - come scuba test dive a DUI drysuit

You really think a dry suit is that much important only for summer diving in lake MI vs a 7mm? I dont get cold easily....

I own a dive shop.

A very comon cycle I have seen is the new diver who buys a wetsuit, dives it for a year or 3, and ultimately upgrades to a drysuit.

While a 7mm wetsuit will let you dive during the summer, it will definitely limit your dive season.

A good drysuit will be much warmer in cold conditions, and less prone to causing you to overheat when the weather is hot.

I'm not saying you have to buy a drysuit, I'm strongly recommending that you at least try diving with one, before buying any cold water suit. If you, like so many of my students, end up eventually getting one, doesn't it make sense to save the cost of the wetsuit.

I have a ML Dacor trilaminate used 4 times in fresh water I will sell you for $400.00 bought last year from ScubaToys.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom