Is this a good deal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You really think a dry suit is that much important only for summer diving in lake MI vs a 7mm? I dont get cold easily....
stevead:
A very comon cycle I have seen is the new diver who buys a wetsuit, dives it for a year or 3, and ultimately upgrades to a drysuit. While a 7mm wetsuit will let you dive during the summer, it will definitely limit your dive season.
I'll echo that comment. At our local quarry, where the bottom water temps are ~45-50 for a good part of the year, I talk to a lot of people, wearing very thick neoprene (and a LOT of weight) who don't get cold easily. I also talk to a lot of people who only do one dive when I am doing 2 (or 3) in my trilam drysuit. My DS was the single best investment in diving gear I have made.

I dunno. Eventhough the wrist seals are likely neoprene, the neck seal is likely latex. You'll probably need to replace it. That will likely add another $100 to the price. The sad thing about ebay is.... There's alot of bad products. Let's say you got the neck seal replaced, then you find little leaks. Then the valves are sticking....

I would say, buy only new drysuit off ebay, unless it is dirt cheap and you are willing to throw a tiny bit of money away at a used suit. Even the new drysuit frequently will need new latex neck seal and latex wrist seals.... You can't be sure even when it is new.

Check out northeast diver supply. I got a new neoprene drysuit from them for $99. Likely will need to replace the neck seal within the season, but I can do it myself. I like the attached hood that came with it. It is just missing the zipper protector, which I can make later with another zipper.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom