Is there any interest in a Goodman style handle for the DRIS 1000 and 500 lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

00wabbit, although not in the market for a handle just wanted to say awesome job, design and follow through. If I was in the market I would def buy one, ill do my best to pass the word around here. Nice, well done.

note: by "here" I mean Japan.

Last edited:
got mine - very nice!

Got mine in the mail yesterday. Just opened it up today. This is one helluva nice product!

Not only does it fit my Dorcy's but will also work on the new HOG Morph back up that I just got in. Since the light heads on that system with the back up and the cannister are interchangeable it will work with the cannister set up as well if you want a Goodman instead of the soft sock.

I am going to put shorter bolts on mine just so that I don't have them sticking up as high with the narrower body lights, but that'a another great thing about this. You can do that easily! I think I may buy another here in a couple weeks if they are still in stock.

One of the better accessory buys I've made diving related. Great job Brandon! Seriously.

I am going to put shorter bolts on mine just so that I don't have them sticking up as high with the narrower body lights, but that'a another great thing about this. You can do that easily! I think I may buy another here in a couple weeks if they are still in stock.

Jim,

My plan is to locate SS "Book Screws", thus no snag issue at all....

I sure like mine, diving it this week sometime. I had to get some 2.5in SS bolts for the DRIS 1k shorty. With the shorty, its abit head heavy, but given the way its machined(shorty), I have it back as far as it'll go in the goodman handle.

Overall, for the price of these, they are awesome. Myself, I might have gone abit thicker on the adjustable handle and then tapped the material saving some nuts, and probably tapped the light holder top as well, again, saving nuts.

Myself, I might have gone abit thicker on the adjustable handle and then tapped the material saving some nuts, and probably tapped the light holder top as well, again, saving nuts.

consensus during the planning stage was that the risk of seizing the bolts in the tapped block should be mitigated.

Thanks for the reviews.

The bolt sizes are:
1/4"-20 for the long bolts on the light clamp.
#10-24 for the smaller side bolts.

Mcmaster.com is a good resource to find any length you need.

P.S. - they are metric hex key heads on the ones being shipped.

consensus during the planning stage was that the risk of seizing the bolts in the tapped block should be mitigated.

except all my other goodman handles are that way, and they dont seize.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom