Is RA worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well having dived more than once in all the places you mention, let me doubt about that.
You would be hard pressed to see :
- Any similar fish to 3:55
- Schools of fish ou can reach at arm length like in Cape Kri or Otdima for instance 4:30/4:45

Probably it doesn't jump at you, but the fish density in Dampier straits R4 is simply not comparable to any place you mention (especially Apo which is quite tame for any fish larger than 10cm). Since you still need put a multiple on the value you should pay compared to these places, then if you take the number and the closeness of fish that would be a blackhole in your wallet.

Where have you seen anything similar in Apo???

8714836839_0f0d38f924_z.jpg

8668951524_fb765a1086_z.jpg

8739707642_de61b17709_z.jpg

8816583387_5702ccca5c_z.jpg

8720042373_25566eac45_z.jpg

Those are pretty nice, Luko, but is there any room for the water that the fish need? :D

- Bill

10 Weeks until RA for us @ Misool.:D

Then it's Komodo(LOB)/Bali trip in the summer.

We were going to try Ambon during the following Christmas break but will just take it easy (flight wise) and stick to Coz. It's going to be hard going right back to work and school (for junior) this Jan after Misool. Summer is so much easier.

Might go for Alor/Bali summer 2017, Indo is so easy for me to get J/F on points via Asiana or ANA.

Ambon Oct 20, Raja Ampat Oct 28, Lembeh Nov 11 ... woohoo!

Last edited:
Bali/Gili Trawangan then Raja Ampat on the Arenui, then back to Bali (Ubud) in 10 weeks too!! Can't wait and talking with you all is getting me so excited!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you are in the Misool area and I see the Arenui I'll wave. In fact I'll wave at any fellow divers I see.:D

We are doing the Arenui in Komodo next July, let me know how you like the boat.

This is off-topic, but I know the OP won't mind :)

Does anyone know the secret to making a change to flights on EVA airlines? Turns out I can add a trip to RA at low cost! But I have been unable to solve the mystery of EVA flight changes (I want to change the date of my return flight to SFO).

Thanks, and sorry to hijack the thread.

- Bill

Does anyone know the secret to making a change to flights on EVA airlines? Turns out I can add a trip to RA at low cost! But I have been unable to solve the mystery of EVA flight changes (I want to change the date of my return flight to SFO). Thanks, and sorry to hijack the thread.- Bill
If I have any flight issue with an Asian airline before departure, the best solution I've found is to call them. Lots of US phone numbers listed here ...Contact Us - EVA Air | America

Further to the off topic... I was hoping to use EVA for our upcoming trip via miles as EVA had tonnes of biz seats for redemption. Now all NA based flights show up 4-8weeks before the flight. No good for planning!!! We are flying Turkish with a 9hr layover in Istanbul on our way to CGK.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom